Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks Archie , Appreciate that , So would the Stable be more likely to nominate the race or the Owner ? , ( gigginstown aside !)

You don't buy a dog and bark yourself. 'In Willie we trust'.

" Woof Woof " - Quite right .!

https://twitter.com/bettrends/status...503344642?s=20

Update from Amy Murphy on Kalasnikov via Paul Ferguson’s JTF

For what it’s worth Paul thinks he’ll be going down the Arkle route, however I do remember Amy mentioning a step up in trip was possible after the Supreme 2nd so unless he got some info from the stable it’s possibly just his opinion.
    Last edited by SeanRock; Yesterday at 09:33 PM.

I think a possible meeting with Samcro will be enough to focus their minds on the Arkle.....

Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    I think a possible meeting with Samcro will be enough to focus their minds on the Arkle.....
    Agreed Ista, he also wasn’t exactly crying out for an extra few furlongs the Supreme even on the apparent unsuitable ground imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    A possible meeting with Samcro could send them JLT though at this stage .... still too early?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanRock View Post
    Agreed Ista, he also wasn’t exactly crying out for an extra few furlongs the Supreme even on the apparent unsuitable ground imo.
    Kalashnikov is unexposed at further... he isn't the best 2 miler around over hurdles and to win an Arkle on good ground he'd need to imporve a lot to be a major player in an Arkle. Albeit Amy Murphy thinks he'll be better on better ground, he hasn't shown the form on it yet.

They may start him with dreams of an Arkle but he's more likely to win a JLT for me despite not seeing him at the trip yet.

It is interesting Amy Murphy said she had a split second thought about a CH campaign.... but my gut tells me he'll be found wanting at 2m as a chaser too.
    Last edited by Kevloaf; Yesterday at 11:52 PM.

Just checked the price..... 14/1 Arkle.

Absolutely no way I'd consider that price now.

Some bookies have him 12/1 and 14/1 for the JLT but 25s are available... he's just not shown any form worthy of being that short in an Arkle

His best piece of form is still the Betfair Hurdle? - I'm not a strong trends guy but I do like looking at previous winners of races and their profiles for interest (when it suits...) but winning a Betfair Hurdle is not a stepping stone to becoming a 2 mile chaser.... Ballyandy, Agrapart, Splash of Ginge, My Tent Or Yours, Zarkander, Get Me Out Of Here... 14/1 Arkle? No thanks.

Arkle does look wide open as it stands unless its as simple as SAMCRO

Not even Samcro that would bother me, it would be Laurina, she's the one!