Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

J.L.T Novices Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sprintersacren View Post
    Looking forward to seeing vindication tomorrow, think he's a really good horse. 33/1 at bet365 at the moment. JLT probably the right race and worth a go at that price before he wins tomorrow lol
    I listened to a podcast and it was suggested he may avoid the festival altogether ... although didn't really back up why. Has Kim Bailey mentioned he wouldn't run there?

Comment

• One thing Vinndication has above anything else is that attitude to win that you'd want in a horse.

Grinded it out in the end, though the front 2 finished plenty ahead of the others.

Is he ground dependant?

Comment

• Ive got alot of time for dogged triers and would certainly put Vinndication in that bracket.
        Won nicely in the end and should come on for the run.

Ill be going back in at 33’s.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          One thing Vinndication has above anything else is that attitude to win that you'd want in a horse.

Grinded it out in the end, though the front 2 finished plenty ahead of the others.

Is he ground dependant?
          It was a good competitive race for an early novice chase. Does he not want further especially on spring ground?
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            It was a good competitive race for an early novice chase. Does he not want further especially on spring ground?
            Was thinking the same thing myself tbh!

Comment

• Kim Bailey does the preview evening we go to every year at Chelts and he said last year that he just doesn't think Cheltenham will suit this horse... really wouldn't surprise me if they skip it again and target Aintree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                Kim Bailey does the preview evening we go to every year at Chelts and he said last year that he just doesn't think Cheltenham will suit this horse... really wouldn't surprise me if they skip it again and target Aintree.
                Ah okay thanks, I feel like that rings a bell but I wasn't at the preview (perhaps someone posted on here actually).

I'm sure if he does skip Cheltenham this year but wins the Grade 1 at Aintree they'll have a think about it for the following year

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                  Was thinking the same thing myself tbh!
                  He might do.

(LAzy but) with David Bass in the saddle he reminds me of Barter's Hill - who I loved.

He's had to win his race more than once today as different challengers got repelled. Love that performance, lovely horse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    He might do.

(LAzy but) with David Bass in the saddle he reminds me of Barter's Hill - who I loved.

He's had to win his race more than once today as different challengers got repelled. Love that performance, lovely horse.
                    100% agree with this which is also the reason I hope he runs in this (if he goes to the festival) as Barters Hill imo should have gone in the Ballymore not the Bartlett when he ran there. The one concern I would have is over the ground but we won't know the answer until he runs on better.

Comment

• Kim did previously mention a step up in trip was a possibility but seems to have changed his tune judging by his post race comments.

“I was delighted with him, because we had no intention of making all, as he’s a horse who doesn’t do a whole lot in front,” said Bailey.

“To do what he did, I was very pleased. They looked a really nice bunch of horses in the paddock, so I was delighted.

“I’m happy with him over two and a half miles for now, I’d also have no worries about dropping him back to two miles on soft ground, so we’ve got plenty of options. I’ll just see how he comes out of the race first.

“Today was a big day for him going from being a novice hurdler to a novice chaser, but he did it very well.”

Comment

• I liked that performance by vindication, I'm not sure he wants a step up in trip as he was a a tad keen. Also looking ahead to the festival iv backed him for the JLT, if he does go for the RSA I wouldn't fancy his chances against the likes of santini, ND, cracking smart, delta work, topofthegame etc.........happy to take the chance on JLT being his aim.

Comment

• Friend's brother is a part owner of Vinndication and I asked him (indirectly) last week what the aim was this season and he said Arkle or JLT. I thought there was little chance of the former but that does match the trainer's comments today. Still think 2 miles is unlikely after today's performance but certainly no reason to think Cheltenham isn't on the agenda at this stage. Should say he was adamant before the Festival this year that he'd be going for the Ballymore (posted that on here) and it's still not clear to me if he was pulled out due to injury as he suggested or for other reasons as mentioned elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                            Friend's brother is a part owner of Vinndication and I asked him (indirectly) last week what the aim was this season and he said Arkle or JLT. I thought there was little chance of the former but that does match the trainer's comments today. Still think 2 miles is unlikely after today's performance but certainly no reason to think Cheltenham isn't on the agenda at this stage. Should say he was adamant before the Festival this year that he'd be going for the Ballymore (posted that on here) and it's still not clear to me if he was pulled out due to injury as he suggested or for other reasons as mentioned elsewhere.
                            Thanks RC.

It'd be somewhat surprising as he has been at the intermediate trip for all 3 of his hurdle runs, and his chase debut. He did run over 2m in his one and only bumper.

He's the kind of horse that I'd back NRNB for the Arkle as there is a chance they'd price him up wrong.

No surprise to see 33/1 has all gone - 25/1 is a fair bet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Thanks RC.

It'd be somewhat surprising as he has been at the intermediate trip for all 3 of his hurdle runs, and his chase debut. He did run over 2m in his one and only bumper.

He's the kind of horse that I'd back NRNB for the Arkle as there is a chance they'd price him up wrong.

No surprise to see 33/1 has all gone - 25/1 is a fair bet?
                              He's one I want in the book, had a few free bets at 33s before the race today as they were expecting him to run well and will top up with more over the coming weeks. Not sure I want any real money on him before NRNB though. Loved his performance today, as you say seeing off each of the challengers that kept coming for him

Comment

• He missed Cheltenham due to sore shins - https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/...-bailey/153989

Was being aimed at the Ballymore, and they were certainly not afraid of Samcro

Comment

Working...
                                X