Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    A possible meeting with Samcro could send them JLT though at this stage .... still too early?

Kalashnikov is unexposed at further... he isn't the best 2 miler around over hurdles and to win an Arkle on good ground he'd need to imporve a lot to be a major player in an Arkle. Albeit Amy Murphy thinks he'll be better on better ground, he hasn't shown the form on it yet.

They may start him with dreams of an Arkle but he's more likely to win a JLT for me despite not seeing him at the trip yet.

It is interesting Amy Murphy said she had a split second thought about a CH campaign.... but my gut tells me he'll be found wanting at 2m as a chaser too.
    I wouldn’t be so negative on Kalashnikovs chances over 2mile next season myself Kev, he was only beaten by Summerville Boy last term who could prove to be very smart over hurdles! Kalashnikov is a big athletic type who should improve over fences whereas SB is obviously more at home over the smaller obstacles given his future plans.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanRock View Post
    I wouldn’t be so negative on Kalashnikovs chances over 2mile next season myself Kev, he was only beaten by Summerville Boy last term who could prove to be very smart over hurdles! Kalashnikov is a big athletic type who should improve over fences whereas SB is obviously more at home over the smaller obstacles given his future plans.
    Perhaps, I just think he's too short at 14/1 to conisder.

He's priced on the fact he is a "big athletic type who should improve over fences", so even if he does... he's already had that factored in to the price. None of his hurdles form entitles him to be a major player yet... he's interesting for sure.

If he was a 25/1 shot things would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Perhaps, I just think he's too short at 14/1 to conisder.

He's priced on the fact he is a "big athletic type who should improve over fences", so even if he does... he's already had that factored in to the price. None of his hurdles form entitles him to be a major player yet... he's interesting for sure.

If he was a 25/1 shot things would be different.
    True enough, I think the bookies are covering there arse with regards Samcros target next March! If he doesn’t go for the Arkle the race is wide open, I think Kalashnikovs price is factored into that possibility, Id struggle to see past Murphy’s runner where Samcro to go for the JLT

I still havent seen anything that would make me think Samcro would pass up a champion hurdle chance for a JLT, if he was mine then Champion Hurdle all day long!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by billymag View Post
    I still havent seen anything that would make me think Samcro would pass up a champion hurdle chance for a JLT, if he was mine then Champion Hurdle all day long!!!!!
    Hurdle schmurdle. Get him over a fence

It isn't about the JLT, its about the year after.... and I think he'd win an RSA or Arkle before a JLT anyway ... neither of which are a Champion Hurdle, but on route to better things....