Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

J.L.T Novices Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://twitter.com/GrechParkin/stat...99099136819201

Grech & Parkin
    ‏ @GrechParkin

Pleased with Claimantakinforgan. Step up in trip is where we will be heading next. We live for another day. JLT bound! #GrechParkin
    4:50 PM - 18 Nov 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      https://twitter.com/GrechParkin/stat...99099136819201

Grech & Parkin
      ‏ @GrechParkin

Pleased with Claimantakinforgan. Step up in trip is where we will be heading next. We live for another day. JLT bound! #GrechParkin
      4:50 PM - 18 Nov 2018
      He needs holding up too, he was never comfortable going that pace today.

You'll see a different horse held up over 2 1/2 for a change of gear. You'd need to mind.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Good and bad news for JLT backers today Id say. Pleased the Arkle will be off the agenda, but its takes a big leap of faith to see him winning any race on the back of that run. He's got plenty of time though.

Comment

• Just in case anybody is interested:

Messire Des Obeaux is 25/1 (WH) any race - but best priced 16/1 for this race.

Comment

Just in case anybody is interested:

Messire Des Obeaux is 25/1 (WH) any race - but best priced 16/1 for this race.
            Kev, I think someone put up recently that the horse is out for the season again. May have been mistaken or dreamt it but thought that was what was said.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
              Kev, I think someone put up recently that the horse is out for the season again. May have been mistaken or dreamt it but thought that was what was said.
              Yes was me, he's out.

Comment

• Just re-watched Voix Du Reve win the Craddockstown over the weekend, I must say I was more impressed than when I first viewed the race. He clouted a few fences, having set a pretty quick tempo, yet still pulled clear to win by 7 lengths when the challengers came, which the race was basically set up for. He jumped better on debut, where he raced over 2m 2f and had a little more time to take his fences, that said, if they iron out his jumping with the tempo he sets I would fear the potential of an Arkle run for him, may cover this angle with free bets myself. Both PP & BFSB have him @ 14/1 for the Arkle, which is a worry as can still get him at 25's. I'm still waiting on them to add him to the JLT though, something they have been reluctant to do so far!

I'm unsure where Willie/Supreme rate Cadmium, maybe Archie can help us out there, but he has an official rating of 147 (taken with a pinch of salt) in Ireland, and he was 9 lengths behind VDR giving him 3lb.

The field was only small but had 3 other LTO winners, including Cadmium who won a Grade 3 at the same track, so you could say the early form is strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  Yes was me, he's out.
                  Where had you seen that scooby - knew I'd read it somewhere but can't find anything.

Comment

Where had you seen that scooby - knew I'd read it somewhere but can't find anything.
                    From Alan king himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      From Alan king himself.
                      Via what medium...

I want to ask WH for my money back if he's been declared out for the season

Comment

Via what medium...

I want to ask WH for my money back if he's been declared out for the season
                        Via mouth. He was one I was considering a speculative exchange bet for the RSA if I could get huge prices.

I'm not sure how you could do that.
                        Maybe tweet him. The head stable lad or Daryl Jacob they might confirm.
                        Last edited by Scooby91; 18 November 2018, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                          Via mouth. He was one I was considering a speculative exchange bet for the RSA if I could get huge prices.

I'm not sure how you could do that.
                          Maybe tweet him. The head stable lad or Daryl Jacob they might confirm.
                          My own fault for backing a horse before he has an entry so I won't ask for the justice refund He was hardly going to collapse in price with an entry... I just got too excited that he was 27/1 with WH any race (boosted) and 16s for the race that was most likely.

What doesn't kill you....

Comment

Just re-watched Voix Du Reve win the Craddockstown over the weekend, I must say I was more impressed than when I first viewed the race. He clouted a few fences, having set a pretty quick tempo, yet still pulled clear to win by 7 lengths when the challengers came, which the race was basically set up for. He jumped better on debut, where he raced over 2m 2f and had a little more time to take his fences, that said, if they iron out his jumping with the tempo he sets I would fear the potential of an Arkle run for him, may cover this angle with free bets myself. Both PP & BFSB have him @ 14/1 for the Arkle, which is a worry as can still get him at 25's. I'm still waiting on them to add him to the JLT though, something they have been reluctant to do so far!

I'm unsure where Willie/Supreme rate Cadmium, maybe Archie can help us out there, but he has an official rating of 147 (taken with a pinch of salt) in Ireland, and he was 9 lengths behind VDR giving him 3lb.

The field was only small but had 3 other LTO winners, including Cadmium who won a Grade 3 at the same track, so you could say the early form is strong.
                            Saturday was a stepping stone to the Drinmore for Cadmium and we knew it was a tough task to give Voix Du Reve 3lb. However, VDR isn't being talked about as if he's their best Arkle hope and we know that Willie will distribute his hopes around the novice races. VDR has the same sire as Kemboy so he may go up in trip although, as they're now sending him off in front you'd suspect that in that style he'd do better at 2m.

If you could translate hurdles form directly, VDR's Listowel run behind Ballyoisin looks quite useful now. Also pays a quiet compliment to the second.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                              Saturday was a stepping stone to the Drinmore for Cadmium and we knew it was a tough task to give Voix Du Reve 3lb. However, VDR isn't being talked about as if he's their best Arkle hope and we know that Willie will distribute his hopes around the novice races. VDR has the same sire as Kemboy so he may go up in trip although, as they're now sending him off in front you'd suspect that in that style he'd do better at 2m.

If you could translate hurdles form directly, VDR's Listowel run behind Ballyoisin looks quite useful now. Also pays a quiet compliment to the second.
                              Thanks Archie.

Personally would not have VDR down as an Arkle horse myself, more a JLT prospect, like Willie did with Kemboy, as you also noted he is by the same sire . I do think that Hurdles run against Ballyoisin/Shanning was very good as you say, given the weight he was giving away!

I know this is something that is far from set in stone, but the Wylie's do like a JLT runner, and aside from Tidal Bay, who won the race, in 2008, they rarely even have a runner in the Arkle. They also don't mind one in the RSA but VDR does not strike me as a typical RSA runner, and is way to free to see out 3m currently. It all points to the JLT, of which the 8 running's we have had of it they have won it as owners 2 times already, and had 4 runners from the last 5 renewals of the race. They didn't have much luck with Invitation Only last season, as he sprawled on landing and that was him done for the race, but he was not without support that day, I'm hoping they have better luck come March with VDR!

Comment

• See Bet365 have Vinndication back out to 33s, as mentioned before with so many doubts (mixture target and ability) about so many at the head of the market this looks a juicy price to me. Another point on the nose today and put him in some Mayo style multi's

Comment

Working...
                                X