Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

J.L.T Novices Chase 2019

As i got it wrong for the Al bartlett thread last year , I'll start by mentioning SAMCRO ,
    currently sitting as Favourite for this race at around 7-2. Personally I have taken prices on two horses .
    Black Op - trained by Tom George @ 10-1 , and Kalashnikov - trained by Amy Murphy @ 25-1 .
    Amy Murphy i am sure said that she thought her horse would be better over further. and Black Op
    has shown he's up with the best at Cheltenham and Aintree.

This has to be the most likely race for Samcro to land but with so many options he couldn't be on my mind for any specific race.

I've bored you all before with my thoughts on the Ballymore, Black Op never took off at the last and bulldozed his way to the other side, it didn't appear to cost him much momentum but it wouldn't have helped and given he was a couple of lengths behind the Giggs superstar he was the one I took from the race, and then of course he franked that form at Aintree.
    10/1 is very fair so I can see why you've played that, again though, he would have other options too....

The UK has only won this race once in 8 editions. I'd be looking at what the Irish have coming through..........
    around Christmas time.

I expect to see Samcro in this and going off at 8/15 minimum

However, I won’t be backing him at 4/1. Instead I’m on for any race at 5/2.

Who's the 5-2 any Race with M.O.M. ?.

Quote Originally Posted by BigChaang View Post
    Willhill

I don't expect Samcro to run here, however as said elsewhere, if I did I'd 100% be taking 5/2 any race over 4/1 for this race.

I personally don't think 5/2 is worthwhile at the moment, as if he gets declared as staying over hurdles you'll be able to get 5/2 for the specific target of the CH and I wouldn't have him as favourite over Buveur D'air.... and if he is going novice chasing, the "any race" price would be similar, as nobody could be sure either way and I doubt they'll declare it before he runs.
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 05-28-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Willhill

I don't expect Samcro to run here, however as said elsewhere, if I did I'd 100% be taking 5/2 any race over 4/1 for this race.

I personally don't think 5/2 is worthwhile at the moment, as if he gets declared as staying over hurdles you'll be able to get 5/2 for the specific target of the CH and I wouldn't have him as favourite over Buveur D'air.... and if he is going novice chasing, the "any race" price would be similar, as nobody could be sure either way and I doubt they'll declare it before he runs.
    You can price boost the 5/2 to an 11/4 shot, and I have, but he's one of the bets that I'd take back if I could. If he's confirmed for a novice chase campaign we'll still be able to get 5/2 any race imo.

I think they'll stay over hurdles and if I'm right the 11/4 is not a great bet given that'll the Champion Hurdle will be his only target.

Quote Originally Posted by BigChaang View Post

William Hill bud. Been 5/2 from as soon as the Festival ended.

Samcro went off odds on against Melon, assuming he is over hurdles and mops up everything in Ireland before facing BDA I’d be surprised if he is bigger than 11/4

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane fly View Post
    Samcro went off odds on against Melon, assuming he is over hurdles and mops up everything in Ireland before facing BDA I’d be surprised if he is bigger than 11/4
    I'd be almost certain samcro goes chasing. Jlt the obvious target but current prices are not of interest to me, especially the way injuries went last season, he's only a shade of odds on to make it there sound.