Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

World Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although the winner of the golden ball can be a bit twisted.
    A couple that look big prices
    Nabil Fekir 100-1 Bet365 (could have similar impact as Payet in last euro's)
    Iniesta 40-1 Skybet (if Spain get to the final then both him and Silva will have the commentators and pundits reaching for the lube)

Comment

For any of the outside top scorer bets you're probably looking at the dead-heat price with several scoring 4. Essentially, Spain look to be in the weakest quarter and, although they tend to share the goals around, 100/1 about David Silva seems a decent price.
      Looking at the top of the betting, Griezmann at 12/1 will certainly give you a run for your money.

Looking deeper into the markets, if you fancy Griezmann, a decent bet might be do both Brazil to win/Griezmann top scorer and Germany/Griezmann both at 80/1.

Comment

Originally posted by HardyEustace View Post
        Germany or Spain for the winner.

Cavani for top goalscorer at 25s - The Golden Boot is usually won in the group stages with four of the last six winners (five of seven if you account for joint winners in 1994) scoring at least half their total in the group stages, Uruguay are in a very weak group and should score a decent amount against poor opposition, Cavani top scored in South American qualifying and was top scorer in Ligue 1 this season, so he looks overpriced when compared to some of the bigger names at shorter prices.
        PP are 22/1 - 6 places - Cavani

Case was so good, I couldn't resist the each way odds.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
          Although the winner of the golden ball can be a bit twisted.
          A couple that look big prices
          Nabil Fekir 100-1 Bet365 (could have similar impact as Payet in last euro's)
          Iniesta 40-1 Skybet (if Spain get to the final then both him and Silva will have the commentators and pundits reaching for the lube)
          Iniesta's last tournament, I fancy Spain to win it, so 40/1 about him isn't a bad shout.... UNLESS you believe the Golden Ball always goes to a player in Adidas boots.... and Iniesta is Nike?

Comment

I’ve been building up bets over the last few months and have gone out on a limb that Peru are undervalued and the same goes for Egypt. With or without Salah.

I had gone out on a limb with Poland and England too, but I’m a little less sure about Poland now. Belgium haven’t played a decent team for the last 2 years, having spent their friendlies against crap teams! Meanwhile, England played against Germany, Brazil, Spain and France.

Here’s my list:
            Winner: Spain 6/1, England 16/1

Top Scorer: Isco 66/1, Gabriel Jesus 16/1, Harry Kane 16/1

Least Goals: Iran 11/1

Other:
            * Eric Dier - Most English Booking Points 8/1
            * Harry Kane to be Top England Scorer, England to lose in the quarters and Eric Dier to get most England booking points 50-1
            * Poland/Uruguay to reach 1/4s, Egypt/Peru to reach last 16. 66/1
            * England/Argentina to lose in 1/4s, France to lose semi-final, Portugal to lose in last 16. 125/1
            * Iran, Panama and Saudi Arabia to score 0 goals. 125/1
            * Brazil, France, Germany and Spain to be Semi Finalists. 33/1
            * Croatia, Columbia and Serbia to make the Quarters. 22/1

Group Bets
            * Uruguay, Spain, France, Argentina, Brazil, Germany, England, Poland to win their group. 66.71/1
            * Egypt, Portugal, Peru, Croatia, Colombia to be group runners up. 201.62/1
            * Uruguay, Spain, Argentina, England to win their group with Saudi Arabia, Iran, Nigeria and Panama finishing last. 89.44/1
            * Finishing Order treble: URU/EGY/RUS/SAU, SPA/POR/MOR/IRN, POL/COL/SEN/JAP. 261.5/1
            * Uruguay, France, Brazil as Group winners, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Australia, Panama to finish last. 25.09/1
            * Egypt, Uruguay, Spain, Portugal, France, Peru, Argentina, Croatia, Brazil, Serbia, Germany, Mexico, Belgium, England, Colombia and Poland to qualify - 666.51/1 (280.06/1 without Group F)

I’ll likely add another couple yet too.

Comment

I do like my football but wouldn't usually be one for having a wager on it. Have had a few World Cup nibbles for extra interest.

France have a squad full of up & coming talent, its time they made there mark on the international scene.

Outright Winner: France 7/1

France to win & Griezmann top scorer 40/1

Comment

Has anyone seen the diabolical prices Sky have on their England request a bet/specials ?

It's not often I see prices that raise eyebrows but to think there are people in this world requesting prices on the likes of:

England to score 6+ goals 2/7
                Harry Kane to score 3+ goals 8/15
                Kane to score 4 + goals 6/5
                England to score 10+ goals 7/4
                Jamie Vardy to score 5+ goals 10/1
                England to score 15+ goals 12/1

Shame they don't quote the other side....

Comment

Couple of plays I have made:

Kane not to score a goal 6/1
                  All 3 England group games to be under 2.5 11/2
                  Spain to win group, England to lose in quarters 7/2
                  Brazil, France, England, Spain and Germany all to make quarters 7/1

Comment

Top Goalscorer
                    Muller 30/1 ew
                    Lukaku 18/1 ew
                    Sterling 100/1 ew

Winner
                    Spain 6/1

Placed plenty of multiples on group winners etc.

Comment

Should I be cashing out of my Spain bet after today's news?

Comment

I too had the bet 5 get 10 offer from Skybet, so used it to place a fiver on Germany essentially risk free, then the free 10 on Brazil/Griezemann double

Then backed Brazil with Bill Hill on their £5 free bet for each win offer. Should win all their group games so net me at least £15 of free bets

Comment

Got stuck into this over the last few days. Main bet is Uruguay @31/1 with decent back up on Belguim @11s and the mighty Morocco @500s. Also backed the latter to make it out the group. Used the Hills offer on Cavani top scorer, doesn't always finish as he should but gets in some great positions, hoping this is the tournament it all comes together.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            Should I be cashing out of my Spain bet after today's news?
                            Probably worth you cashing out then going in again at enhanced price, I just had an email from Sky saying they’ve boosted Spain to 7/1 so it looks like a few will be out to get them.
                            Work out the maths but it should pay....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                              Probably worth you cashing out then going in again at enhanced price, I just had an email from Sky saying they’ve boosted Spain to 7/1 so it looks like a few will be out to get them.
                              Work out the maths but it should pay....
                              I've cashed out for a 7% loss and can back them at bigger prices as you suggest but unsure if I should. This can only have a negative impact, especially as the manager appears to have been really popular with the players.

Comment

I'll be leaving my Spain outright bet, and it wasn't for a significant amount - but I wouldn't think the extra 1 pt makes up for having no manager?

Although I'm trying to see it in a way that it won't make a huge difference, but it all depends on who is stil lthere to pick the team. They'll still play the same way, and they're really experienced players.
                                Last edited by Kevloaf; 13 June 2018, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X