Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

World Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
    Skybet have commentator bingo

Euro 96 was 5/4 when I was looking, went back on 15 minutes later to back it and was into 8/11!
    I lost 8 pts on Commentator Bingo during the last game haha

Comment

France 2 - Belgium 1 -@ 12-1. France 2 - Belgium 2 - @14-1 , correct score tonight . Also Half time full time reversed @ 25-1.

Comment

Quick update from me, delighted to have 3 of the 4 semi finalists and as a result had a decent bet (8 points) on France (the only one not backed earlier in the tournament) to ensure a reasonable profit whatever happens. France is smallest winner so ideal scenario is they lose on penalties tonight and I get my stake back with Bet365... Shame Uruguay couldn't make it 4 out of 4 and ensure a really nice payout, very unlucky with the Cavani injury and thought their game with France could still have gone either way. Been a fun tournament, hopefully the final matches few matches will continue in the same vein.

Comment

RC

Did you not consider laying the win on the three you had already backed inside 90 mins ?
          You get ET/Pens on your side...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            RC

Did you not consider laying the win on the three you had already backed inside 90 mins ?
            You get ET/Pens on your side...
            No didn't cross my mind and my head is really hurting thinking about it now...haha! Really interesting point and one I will think about more next time I'm in a similar position - hopefully won't have to wait another 4 years.

Disappointed with the result to night although enjoyed the intensity of the match, France are a tough nut to crack

Comment

A token bet for the match tonight. 50/1 Trippier first goalscorer - maybe slightly too big as he does appear to be on free-kicks

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                A token bet for the match tonight. 50/1 Trippier first goalscorer - maybe slightly too big as he does appear to be on free-kicks
                I've backed Maguire to score a header at 14/1.

I hearde he's the 'most aimed at' player and combined with the England plusses at Set Pieces and Croatian negatives he might double his international goal tally tonight

Comment

Booooomm, awesome pick FM

Comment

I honestly celebrated that on your behalf. Can only imagine how happy you felt when that went in.

Well done FM. Legendary summer

Comment

• I had a bet on Croatia to be eliminated in the semis at 11/2, so just cashed that out with 365, also had a free bet from Sky, only a tenner, had that on same bunch to win the tourny. Would be a small consolation now I suppose if England get beat, hope they don't though, placed those 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        Brilliant shout, well done!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                          I had a bet on Croatia to be eliminated in the semis at 11/2, so just cashed that out with 365, also had a free bet from Sky, only a tenner, had that on same bunch to win the tourny. Would be a small consolation now I suppose if England get beat, hope they don't though, placed those 2 weeks ago.
                          I'm in a similar spot, on Croatia at 11s after Spain went out.

Tempting to put the entire "win" from that on France to lift the trophy though for 10 pts profit that way because I can't see any way Croatia win it.

They're without a doubt the worst team to reach a World Cup final since 1966 and I am sure they'd be the worst going back further than that.

England were SO disappointing after the first half tonight. Listening to the commentators and the negativity that you know is coming, countered by the (correct) and obvious "well on the whole its a world cup to be proud of" is one of the reasons I'm glad I switched to horse racing.
                          Bored of the fall-out already!

Comment

• I think there are 2 poor sides in the final, France had 3 goals put past them by the worst, by far, Argentina side I've ever seen, so they aren't unbeatable with that kind of weakness at the back. Question is are Croatia even worse, they probably are, I hope they win though, partly because I have my one remaining bet on them, and partly because they play France, the team I would least like to see win it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              Yeah , Well Done Faugheen ! , Spot on there , great call.

Comment

• Thanks for all messages. I have a healthy bank balance after last night's game but would swap it all for a place in the final.

Comment

Working...
                                X