Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: World Cup 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    A token bet for the match tonight. 50/1 Trippier first goalscorer - maybe slightly too big as he does appear to be on free-kicks
    Brilliant shout, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
    I had a bet on Croatia to be eliminated in the semis at 11/2, so just cashed that out with 365, also had a free bet from Sky, only a tenner, had that on same bunch to win the tourny. Would be a small consolation now I suppose if England get beat, hope they don't though, placed those 2 weeks ago.
    I'm in a similar spot, on Croatia at 11s after Spain went out.

Tempting to put the entire "win" from that on France to lift the trophy though for 10 pts profit that way because I can't see any way Croatia win it.

They're without a doubt the worst team to reach a World Cup final since 1966 and I am sure they'd be the worst going back further than that.

England were SO disappointing after the first half tonight. Listening to the commentators and the negativity that you know is coming, countered by the (correct) and obvious "well on the whole its a world cup to be proud of" is one of the reasons I'm glad I switched to horse racing.
    Bored of the fall-out already!

I think there are 2 poor sides in the final, France had 3 goals put past them by the worst, by far, Argentina side I've ever seen, so they aren't unbeatable with that kind of weakness at the back. Question is are Croatia even worse, they probably are, I hope they win though, partly because I have my one remaining bet on them, and partly because they play France, the team I would least like to see win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    A token bet for the match tonight. 50/1 Trippier first goalscorer - maybe slightly too big as he does appear to be on free-kicks
    Yeah , Well Done Faugheen ! , Spot on there , great call.

Thanks for all messages. I have a healthy bank balance after last night's game but would swap it all for a place in the final.

Great pick that FM, nice to have compensation....

Bet365 crashed in the first 10 minutes of the game meaning I couldn’t use my free bet on tripper any time which was 14/1

Incredibly profitable World Cup

1U on Harry Kane top goalscorer 17/1
    1U on France to win 6/1
    1U on germany to win 11/2 - returned
    2.50 e/w on Muller and Dembele top goalscorer - lose

I’m around 3U up from the individual games aswell

And plenty of free bets for Cheltenham!