Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

World Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
    Couple of plays I have made:

Kane not to score a goal 6/1
    All 3 England group games to be under 2.5 11/2
    Spain to win group, England to lose in quarters 7/2
    Brazil, France, England, Spain and Germany all to make quarters 7/1
    Roll on Cheltenham....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
      Roll on Cheltenham....
      here here !!! .,

Comment

Gone with the 3 favs today and over 2.5 goals in each game at 10/1

Comment

With so many penalties being awarded, I've done a 'penalty awarded' Trixie on today's games. 2/1 or bigger for each game looks to big to me.

Comment

Absolute mare of a day yesterday as I was very confident on both Egypt and Poland!

Portugal HT/FT at 6/4 looks value to me

Comment

Just landed Serbia half time - Switzerland full time @ 25-1. , pay for a couple of Ascot bets tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                Just landed Serbia half time - Switzerland full time @ 25-1. , pay for a couple of Ascot bets tomorrow.
                Nice work BC. I only caught the end of the second half but it looked like a great game.

Comment

First bets on England tomorrow . Jesse Lingard to score first and England win 2-0 .
                  Also correct score England 3 - Panama 0.

Comment

Well that was a Nailbiter last night , Lucky old Germany !!. I hope England can get the job done today without all that Drama.!

Comment

All I can say guys is...

It's coming home

Comment

Harry Kane top goal scorer is really strengthening my position on Hollowgraphic

Comment

"Big" day for me coming up, as

I need Uruguay to top the group .... effectively I'm on at 10/11 for a match where they're 13/8.

Thought Columbia were a decent price tonight so had a double on them with Eygpt so I'm hoping that the Saudi's put in a lacklustre performance tomorrow!

Update on my one of my other bets - Having backed Lukaku to be top Group E goalscorer, you'd think I'd be frustrated with Harry Kane's antics today... but of course I'm not, and soften by backing him to score a brace in the first game and 'anytime' today at 8/11.

Still down overall for the World Cup
                          74 pts staked
                          37 pts returned
                          24 pts open/live still

I'll keep having a few pts on the games I'm enjoying or have some sort of opinion on, but find myself throwing money away on Sky's boosted odds a lot of the time.

Clever marketing by them really although all the 'free bets' are still going on Cheltenham

Comment

An update from me on the 2 main markets with some thoughts:

Winner outright (plenty of free bets included in stakes below):
                            - 4 points on Uruguay @30 - unsurprising to see them available at a bigger price than this now as they have been utterly lacklustre, hoping like Kev they improve today, but will be looking to lay some of my stake back before their last 16 match. Can actually see them beating Spain or Portugal 1-0 or on penalties after a drab 0-0 - can't see them winning it
                            - 4 points on Belguim @10.5 - happy with this one although early days and easy group
                            - 3 points on England @16 - see Belguim
                            - 1 point on Croatia @33 - happy with this one
                            - 1 point on Nigeria @190 - delighted they are still going, oddly placed this in January after they hammered Argentina in a friendly
                            - 1 point on Mexico @48 - happy enough with this one, although not out of the group yet
                            -0.8 points on Colombia @50 - looked good last night, can see them beating Senegal
                            -0.4 points Morocco @500 - bit unfortunate but out
                            -0.25 points on Senegal @240/1 - might get chinned by Columbia in the last group game

Top goalscorer
                            - 1.4 points on Lukaku @18 - happy with this
                            - 1 point on Cavani @22/1 - looks lost unless Uruguay have some form of transformation
                            - 1 point on Kane @7.5 - don't get me wrong I like him but he has scored 2 goals from a yard, 2 pens and 1 absolute fluke - 'slighlty' fortunate to be on 5 goals

Comment

Well done Kev, glad my comments on Uruguay above provoked a response. Still not scintilating football but definitely a step in the right direction and Cavani off the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                                Well done Kev, glad my comments on Uruguay above provoked a response. Still not scintilating football but definitely a step in the right direction and Cavani off the mark
                                Thanks, same to you. Some nice bets still going for you.

With the draw working out like it is with Sweden topping the group there is a very strong case for being 2nd in England/Belgium's group.

You can't see either team WANTING to win for any reason? ... Belgium don't need to, and it's in Englands interest 'not' to looking at the half of the draw?

World Cup update
                                78 pts staked
                                54 pts returned
                                17 pts still open/live

So a slight improvement from a few days ago....

Spain to win 6/1, Suarez 22/1 or Cavani 22/1 top scorer are pretty much my only bets that are worth noting though at this stage.... I'd be happy enough breaking even to be honest and will probably bet accordingly now.

Comment

Working...
                                X