Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: World Cup 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    35 pts down overall for the world cup now.... yesterday was a bad day. I fancied Uruguay and Brazil quite strongly!

I've enjoyed the World Cup so far and unless Croatia win the tournament I can't see me getting out ahead, but it'll only be a small loss in the grand scheme of things.
    Positive update From being 35 pts down in the quater finals I actually ended up ahead (with a little help from some other sports!)

World Cup total
    Staked - 154 pts
    Return - 168 pts
    Profit - 14 pts

A 4-fold on Quorto (Saturday), Marc Marquez (German GP), Djokovic, France (90 mins) was worth 34 pts which isn't strictly World Cup but it did all role on to France.

None of my ante post bets came close... and less than a 10% ROI but very happy with everything over all.

No real lessons to learn for me, I do get lured in by the enhanced odds from Sky and PP for the football but I do consider them fun bets and in 4 years I can't imagine me doing anything different. I do think its a lot harder to make money on football than it is horse racing and this World Cup hasn't changed my mind

Some good picks on here lads. Well done.