Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2018

World Cup 2018

I know this isn't general horse racing, but a big sporting event and lots of people will have a bet on it.

My outright winner is Spain at 6/1 (not backed it yet) Will do soon though

Not looked in to the top scorer markets yet but anyone else going to be punting on this?

Yes Kev , I don't do much football betting , but usually get involved in the Euro's and world cup . Mainly i do the half time / full time
    Reversed , Unless it's Brazil v australia (example ) then i just do Aus H/T brz F/T.
    You get my drift !, usually pays around 25-1 , so you only need a couple to pop in and
    your'e in the money.

Other than that , just the England games , correct score / first goalscorer .

Can’t see past Germany for the winner and there is great value in Thomas Muller as top scorer e/w at 33/1

Germany or Spain for the winner.

Cavani for top goalscorer at 25s - The Golden Boot is usually won in the group stages with four of the last six winners (five of seven if you account for joint winners in 1994) scoring at least half their total in the group stages, Uruguay are in a very weak group and should score a decent amount against poor opposition, Cavani top scored in South American qualifying and was top scorer in Ligue 1 this season, so he looks overpriced when compared to some of the bigger names at shorter prices.

I see Sky has a special offer, if you back an outright winner before the tourny and they are knocked out, you get your money back as a free bet.

Quote Originally Posted by HardyEustace View Post
    Germany or Spain for the winner.

Cavani for top goalscorer at 25s - The Golden Boot is usually won in the group stages with four of the last six winners (five of seven if you account for joint winners in 1994) scoring at least half their total in the group stages, Uruguay are in a very weak group and should score a decent amount against poor opposition, Cavani top scored in South American qualifying and was top scorer in Ligue 1 this season, so he looks overpriced when compared to some of the bigger names at shorter prices.
    Like the reasoning there.

Fancy France or even Belgium to put in a good effort this time around and with Hardy giving some reasoning on the golden boot (Cavani) - Skybet have a France to win (as prefer their possible route to the final over Belgium’s) and Cavani top scorer 200-1 I will put some loose change on I think! Plus will also do them as singles - France 6-1 and money Back offer on Skybet and Cavani 28-1
    Last edited by Gamm76; 05-28-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Name the semi finalists starts at 33/1. Gonna have a look at the groups and potential knockout stages tomorrow

William Hill doing bet 10 on the winner get a 5 free bet every time they win a game
    Also
    10 top goal scorer get 5 every time they score

Would be shocked if you don’t have your money back after the group stages if you back France or Germany.

I’m still fancying Muller top goal scorer but the England fan in me might have to back Kane with the offer