Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Bloodstock and Purchases Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodstock and Purchases Thread

This weekend

GORDON Elliott has acquired another potential superstar.He is set to train French ‘bumper’ winner Vision D’Honneur [by Vision D’Etat] , who topped Saturday’s Arqana Auteuil Sale when bought by agent Margaret O’Toole on behalf of Gigginstown House Stud for €350,000.Elliott was at the sale in the company of local bloodstock agent Nicky Bertrand de Balanda, who said: “He is a gorgeous stamp of a horse who won very well on his sole start. I came to see him three weeks ago and was very impressed by him, then Gordon and Eddie [O’Leary) saw him this morning and instantly fell in love with him. We think he can develop into a very good horse.”

Also heading to Elliott’s yard is Elwood, a half-brother to the trainer’s Cheltenham Festival winner Delta Work. Margaret O'Toole signed the docket at €170,000 for the son of Martaline. Offered by his trainer Emmanuel Clayeux, who also used to train Delta Work, the four-year-old opened his account over hurdles at Moulins last month.
    “Gordon already has his half-brother who is turning into a top-class horse”, commented Nicky Bertran de Balanda, “and while this one is a little more backward he is also very promising. We were down at Emmanuel Clayeux's yesterday and liked him a lot.”
    This was the first staging of the boutique National Hunt auction and it saw eight horses selling for a total of €1,160,000 and an average price of €145,000.
    Nicky Henderson is the new trainer of listed hurlde race winner Caribean Boy. The son of Myboycharlie was bought for €180,000 by Anthony Bromley of Highflyer Bloodstock, who said: “He looks a lovely, big chasing horse who will be aimed at the novice races over fences. He's been bought for a client of Nicky Henderson's. His form was franked this afternoon with Lou Buck's running very well in the Gade 1 and I hope he continues to improve.”
    Another heading to Britain is Highest Sun, a winner on the all-weather and over hurdles. This athletic son of Sunday Break went the way of agent Joffret Huet for €125,000, who explained: “I can't name my client but he is headed to the UK. I was at Chateaubriant the other day and liked the style of his victory. He is also a winner on the flat and has a great physical so he ticked a lot of boxes according to me.”
    Willie Mullins has a handful of runners in Auteuil this wekeend and he looks certain to train AQPS filly Elenore D’Apsis, who was acquired by agents Pierre Boulard and Harold Kirk for €125,000. The daughter of Apsis won first time out at Durtal for permit-holder Laure Cordonnier.

Anyone interested in adding to their string next month?

Comment

Can I smell Spam ?!.

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
        Can I smell Spam ?!.
        Looks that way BC.
        Not sure there's a way of blocking a member from posting but we'll delete posts where and when we can.
        Very annoying...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          Looks that way BC.
          Not sure there's a way of blocking a member from posting but we'll delete posts where and when we can.
          Very annoying...
          I've banned the user from the IP address...

Odd set of posts all-in-all!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            I've banned the user from the IP address...
            Kev - can you do that/have you done that for all these bent passport messages that have been appearing ?

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
              Kev - can you do that/have you done that for all these bent passport messages that have been appearing ?
              Yeah been doing it for all the ones I've deleted. I'll go back through and check for the others. Problem is whatever it is seems to create a 'new' account each time... its usually always 1 post.

Comment

Interesting post MAYO, even if i am a bit late to the party! Very much looking forward to these new unknown types showing up soon enough!

I normally just follow Jay on twitter for new buys!

Comment

Gigginstown sale

Noticed a few of JPs in here too.

Rock On Fruity (IRE)
                  Voices of Spring (IRE)
                  I Knew Well (IRE)
                  State of The Art (IRE)
                  King Leon (IRE)

Cant remember him ever selling anything before
                  Last edited by Old Vic; 6 September 2018, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X