Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
    Even as a staunch NH fan I must admit I do enjoy Royal ascot so any antepost picks are much appreciated; seems Battash is very popular! Is AOB’s in the Norfolk a good thing?
    I think Harry Potter has a good thing in the Coventry, also think Sioux Nation will be hard to beat in the Commonwealth Cup - he looks like a beast of a horse and is another by scat daddy.

Wind Chimes Coronation Stakes. Fabre confirmed today this is the plan. On at 16, 14, now 8. I was mightily impressed with that French 1000 Guineas run.

Pouvre Magique running at newcastle tonight -8-15 , currently 16-1 for the Royal hunt cup. , could shorten up if he wins.
    Mentioned in the sporting life site today.

Also just seen in s.life Cracksman / Battaash double 9-1 with skybet.

Quote Originally Posted by BigChaang View Post
    Pouvre Magique running at newcastle tonight -8-15 , currently 16-1 for the Royal hunt cup. , could shorten up if he wins.
    Mentioned in the sporting life site today.
    I've backed this one for the Hunt Cup but thought he'd sneak in off a mark of 94 but looking at the entries he probably needs a penalty to get a run.

I've never been to Royal Ascot, but I'm going twice this year - Wednesday and Saturday.
    Will be looking on here for some insight, as I am about as clueless about the flat as I was 5 years ago about National Hunt (although, some would say that I still am!)

Keep 'em coming

SKybet are 9/1 Battash and Cracksman (boosted from 5/1) on Sky in the specials... which is a really good value boost... whether ou like either, its hard to argue they're a 9/1 shot doubled up

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I think Harry Potter has a good thing in the Coventry, also think Sioux Nation will be hard to beat in the Commonwealth Cup - he looks like a beast of a horse and is another by scat daddy.
    I'm lost, who is Harry Potter in the Coventry?

On a more general point, and not aimed at you specifically, but is this "Scat Daddy" at Ascot not just COMPLETE coincedence? I can't fatham that genetically a horse can run better on a certain track because of its parent. I don't understand what the logic would be behind it. A lot of much more respectable judges thann me wheel the line out and I've never heard it explained - and I've never heard it about any other horse(sire) at any other track.

I see how it doesn't do any harm, but Pricewise on the RP podcast advocated backing Scat Daddy's blind at Ascot... now that might be profitable, but I'd love to know HOW rather than back something blindly, because to me, it looks like luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I've backed this one for the Hunt Cup but thought he'd sneak in off a mark of 94 but looking at the entries he probably needs a penalty to get a run.
    That’s one antepost bet down already a day after placing it ; this flat game is just like Cheltenham!

Quote Originally Posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
    That’s one antepost bet down already a day after placing it ; this flat game is just like Cheltenham!
    And me Faugheen