Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 132
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
    Even as a staunch NH fan I must admit I do enjoy Royal ascot so any antepost picks are much appreciated; seems Battash is very popular! Is AOB’s in the Norfolk a good thing?
    I think Harry Potter has a good thing in the Coventry, also think Sioux Nation will be hard to beat in the Commonwealth Cup - he looks like a beast of a horse and is another by scat daddy.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    409
    Wind Chimes Coronation Stakes. Fabre confirmed today this is the plan. On at 16, 14, now 8. I was mightily impressed with that French 1000 Guineas run.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    818
    Pouvre Magique running at newcastle tonight -8-15 , currently 16-1 for the Royal hunt cup. , could shorten up if he wins.
    Mentioned in the sporting life site today.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    818
    Also just seen in s.life Cracksman / Battaash double 9-1 with skybet.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by BigChaang View Post
    Pouvre Magique running at newcastle tonight -8-15 , currently 16-1 for the Royal hunt cup. , could shorten up if he wins.
    Mentioned in the sporting life site today.
    I've backed this one for the Hunt Cup but thought he'd sneak in off a mark of 94 but looking at the entries he probably needs a penalty to get a run.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    385
    I've never been to Royal Ascot, but I'm going twice this year - Wednesday and Saturday.
    Will be looking on here for some insight, as I am about as clueless about the flat as I was 5 years ago about National Hunt (although, some would say that I still am!)

    Keep 'em coming

  7. #17
    Senior Member Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nantwich, Cheshire
    Posts
    6,461
    SKybet are 9/1 Battash and Cracksman (boosted from 5/1) on Sky in the specials... which is a really good value boost... whether ou like either, its hard to argue they're a 9/1 shot doubled up

  8. #18
    Senior Member Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nantwich, Cheshire
    Posts
    6,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I think Harry Potter has a good thing in the Coventry, also think Sioux Nation will be hard to beat in the Commonwealth Cup - he looks like a beast of a horse and is another by scat daddy.
    I'm lost, who is Harry Potter in the Coventry?


    On a more general point, and not aimed at you specifically, but is this "Scat Daddy" at Ascot not just COMPLETE coincedence? I can't fatham that genetically a horse can run better on a certain track because of its parent. I don't understand what the logic would be behind it. A lot of much more respectable judges thann me wheel the line out and I've never heard it explained - and I've never heard it about any other horse(sire) at any other track.

    I see how it doesn't do any harm, but Pricewise on the RP podcast advocated backing Scat Daddy's blind at Ascot... now that might be profitable, but I'd love to know HOW rather than back something blindly, because to me, it looks like luck!

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I've backed this one for the Hunt Cup but thought he'd sneak in off a mark of 94 but looking at the entries he probably needs a penalty to get a run.
    That’s one antepost bet down already a day after placing it ; this flat game is just like Cheltenham!

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
    That’s one antepost bet down already a day after placing it ; this flat game is just like Cheltenham!
    And me Faugheen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •