Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Royal Ascot 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
    Good reason for that FM, that one was one of his 2 early morning ‘Monday’ selections. Couldn’t believe the two he put up for the Ascot Stakes this evening with PP 6 places lasted 30 mins, not sure if somebody was asleep or happy to lay his during Ascot
    My mistake RC.

Comment

• Cheers for this lads; didn't realise he did them night before!

Comment

• Royal Ascot Day 1 (Skybet prices)
        14:30 - Romanised @ 40/1 (1st 4, win stake back if 2nd, 3rd or 4th)
        Unlucky last time against the same type of horses. Capable of winning on top form.
        15:05 - Monoski @ 14/1 e/w (1st 4)
        The Irish runners are to be respected but Monoski left a strong visual impression on his 2nd run.
        15:40 - Equilateral @ 16/1 e/w (1st 4)
        Hopeful of improvement at the 5 furlong trip with him still being a young horse. Best form on his last run.
        16:20 - Shaman @ 11/1 (1st 3)
        2nd to Persian King on his last run. That form would put him close to the top 2 in the market if repeated on better ground.
        17:00 - Arctic Fire @ 20/1 e/w (1st 6)
        Was once a top hurdler, still seems to retain a reasonable level of ability and should be able to stay the distance.
        17:35 - Magic Wand @ 5/1 e/w (1st 4) - NAP
        Highly talented mare with course form. Will enjoy the drying ground.

Comment

• Gents - this is the 2018 Ascot thread, someone has changed it to 2019 but there is already a 2019 thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            Gents - this is the 2018 Ascot thread, someone has changed it to 2019 but there is already a 2019 thread
            Sorry Ista my fault, I wanted to bump a post from last year. Not sure why it is mistitled as 2019 hopefully somebody can change it

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
              Sorry Ista my fault, I wanted to bump a post from last year. Not sure why it is mistitled as 2019 hopefully somebody can change it
              Nice one for heads up Cowboy.
              wouldn't have backed that without.
              owe you a pint.
              enjoyed finish as had buttercup and arizona double also.

Comment

• Casual 33/1 winner for Hugh Taylor there

Comment

• I also now forgive the horse for mullering Eldorado allen at aintree.

Comment

• Well done folks. Nicely done.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                      Nice one for heads up Cowboy.
                      wouldn't have backed that without.
                      owe you a pint.
                      enjoyed finish as had buttercup and arizona double also.
                      Some start that, Paddy Power must have taken a hammering leaving him at 33s for 30 mins when they were 6 places. Noticed this before that some bookies get caught out on the first day as they forget HT puts his tips up the night before. Only downside is might be down to seconds again to get on that advised price for rest of the meeting, but will be giving it a go - have an app which auto refreshes his page every few seconds which gives me a good chance.

Will put his profit and loss up on the correct thread at the end of the meeting

Comment

Working...
                      X