Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Royal Ascot 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Fairyland wins the Albany - 3/1.
    If she goes there, she wins.

I like Sioux Nation for the Commonwealth Cup, but I liked him a lot more at 7/1 than 7/2

Comment

Dreamfield is an obvious one and looks to be very well treated in the Wokingham.

Comment

Reading that article, Chelsea Cloisters is going to be a short price fav considering Wesley Wards record in the race. Took some 7/2 with the aim of trading out on the day.

Comment

About 4 years ago, I went through the card at Ascot. Basically paid for the wedding. I came home to my finance and I was like "I've won 6 grand!". Much fun was had.

But as the conversation progressed she asked more about the bet.

- What odds was it?

- 66,000/1!

- How come you only won 6k?

- I only put 10p on it

- Why didn't you put a pound on it? We'd have a deposit for a house

And I haven't had a single winner at Ascot since

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
            I came home to my finance and I was like "I've won 6 grand
            Great story robith but I'm a little confused why you didn't tell the missus you won 2k and load 4k into your Cheltenham pot....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
              Great story robith but I'm a little confused why you didn't tell the missus you won 2k and load 4k into your Cheltenham pot....
              Haha Ista - surely the 10p acca indicates that might be a bit rich for my blood. I'm up to the heady heights of a fiver a point at Chelters and £2.50 the rest of the time

Comment

One very simple strategy for my Royal Ascot - will be backing all Hugh Taylor tips blind. He is quite frankly a brilliant tipster and the only one I am aware of who has all his tips online (for the last 9 years, scroll to bottom of page): http://www.attheraces.com/tips/atr-tipsters/hugh-taylor As you can see his ROI has improved year on year.

For those that are aware of him yes the prices go across the board in around 10 seconds so difficult to get on every day but just about possible - not that I do. I did some analysis of his tips over a year ago and he was definitely more prolific on the All Westher (rarely tips on the jumps), and particularly his 2 pointers (never does more than 2 pointers these days). So I always back those.

From memory I believe his last 3 year's of Royal Ascot tips have yielded a decent profit - obviously no guarantee the same will happen this year of course. Great thing about Royal Ascot is that due to the liquidity in the market you have a decent chance at getting the prices either the night before when he posts them on the ATR website (after a 5 min head's up via his twitter account), or early the next morning when they can drift back out. He's already tipped a couple antipost.

I realise many of you astute punters would rather pick your own, but for anyone like me who doesn't know much about the flat it does keep things easy
                Last edited by Rhinestone_Cowboy; 15 June 2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                  One very simple strategy for my Royal Ascot - will be backing all Hugh Taylor tips blind. He is quite frankly a brilliant tipster and the only one I am aware of who has all his tips online (for the last 9 years, scroll to bottom of page): http://www.attheraces.com/tips/atr-tipsters/hugh-taylor As you can see his ROI has improved year on year.

For those that are aware of him yes the prices go across the board in around 10 seconds so difficult to get on every day but just about possible - not that I do. I did some analysis of his tips over a year ago and he was definitely more prolific on the All Westher (rarely tips on the jumps), and particularly his 2 pointers (never does more than 2 pointers these days). So I always back those.

From memory I believe his last 3 year's of Royal Ascot tips have yielded a decent profit - obviously no guarantee the same will happen this year of course. Great thing about Royal Ascot is that due to the liquidity in the market you have a decent chance at getting the prices either the night before when he posts them on the ATR website (after a 5 min head's up via his twitter account), or early the next morning when they can drift back out. He's already tipped a couple antipost.

I realise many of you astute punters would rather pick your own, but for anyone like me who doesn't know much about the flat it does keep things easy
                  He blows most tipsters out of the water. It won't be the worst strategy to follow him at Royal Ascot as you'd imagine the prices of his selections will hold at the bigger meetings.

Comment

Skybet have a boost.

Sergei Prokofiev (Coventry Stakes) and Harry Angel (Diamond Jubilee Stakes) both to win, was 9/1 now 14/1

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                      Skybet have a boost.

Sergei Prokofiev (Coventry Stakes) and Harry Angel (Diamond Jubilee Stakes) both to win, was 9/1 now 14/1
                      Worth checking if it's nrnb because SP still holds an entry for the Norfolk.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post

There aren't many better feelings than backing a horse than Hugh Taylor puts up

I already read what he has to say, and Andy Holding too on oddschecker. If they ever 'agree' I would hardly ever leave the bet alone.

I don't follow either blindly but equally wouldn't ever not read what HT has to say!

Comment

Crack On Crack On is jocked up in the Britannia so I've had a couple of points at 10/1. I think he's probably still ahead of the handicapper due to his running style and the stiff finish should help. Hopeful rather than confident though.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            Crack On Crack On is jocked up in the Britannia so I've had a couple of points at 10/1. I think he's probably still ahead of the handicapper due to his running style and the stiff finish should help. Hopeful rather than confident though.
                            He went into the notebook after winning last time for me. 10/1 at the head of the market. How much shorter do you think he'll get? 4 places now but one they might offer some decent concessions on?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              He went into the notebook after winning last time for me. 10/1 at the head of the market. How much shorter do you think he'll get? 4 places now but one they might offer some decent concessions on?
                              I've gone win only Kev. My slight concern is the straight mile so he could easily bomb out completely.

A fair comment about price and he may be bigger on morning of race.

Comment

Working...
                              X