Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Royal Ascot 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Ascot 2018

Main Desire put in a nice performance today considering she had been of the track for a year and was very weak in the betting.

The Kings Stand or the Commonwealth Cup appear to be her target and I think she is a player in either.

Did my first A/P L.15 for Royal Ascot yesterday . 1 . - Gabr - 20-1 - st james palace stakes.
    2. - Bataash - 3-1 - kings stand stakes.
    3. - Vazirabad - 8-1 - ascot gold cup.
    4. - Invincible army - 8-1 - commonwealth cup.

Comment

You landed a nice couple of touches in at Royal Ascot last year didn't you FM?

Royal Hunt Cup springs to mind?

What are you ante-post plays so far?

Comment

My only bets so far are:
        Main Desire Commonwealth Cup 20/1
        Sioux Nation 7/1 Commonwealth Cup

Crack on Crack on put up a really good performance at Haydock considering he still isn't settling in his races. If he can sneak into the Brittania I think he'll run a big race.

Hors de combat interests me the the Royal Hunt Cup. I still think he's going to will a big field handicap this season.

You on anything yet Kev?
        Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 27 May 2018, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Have to say that the 3/1 Bataash for the Kings Stand looks OK, lost 4l fluffing the start yesterday and still got up, I don't follow flat AP but unless the USA/Aussies are bringing one of their hotpots over he will take all the beating...

Comment

Bless Him did me a favour at Royal Ascot last season in the Britannia and he's out at Nottingham tomorrow. Still lightly raced; it'll be interesting to see how he goes after 9 months off the track, with an eye on the Royal Hunt Cup in 3 weeks time.

Comment

Was also very impressed by Bataash and might be a believer this year (never fancied him last year and backed Marsha who I was a big fan off)

Lady Aurelia will reoppose again but she was disappointing on her reappearance, hopefully it’s as good a finish as last year!

Comment

A/p L.15 . - 1. - Poets word -prince of wales stakes.
                - 2. - Battaash -kings stand stakes.
                - 3. - The tin man - diamond jubilee stakes.
                - 4. - Invincible army - commonwealth cup.

Comment

Even as a staunch NH fan I must admit I do enjoy Royal ascot so any antepost picks are much appreciated; seems Battash is very popular! Is AOB’s in the Norfolk a good thing?

Comment

Same here Faugheen , I don't know which horse your'e talking about , can only see about 4 horses priced up on oddschecker at
                    the moment .. Honestly ,. more luck than judgement with me , but enjoy a Saturday bet and the big meetings.
                    Never been to Royal Ascot meeting , but maybe go to York in August for the Ebor meeting . went to the
                    Derby yesterday, Had 3 winners and dee ex bee in the big race 20-1. Happy days.

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                      Even as a staunch NH fan I must admit I do enjoy Royal ascot so any antepost picks are much appreciated; seems Battash is very popular! Is AOB’s in the Norfolk a good thing?
                      I think Harry Potter has a good thing in the Coventry, also think Sioux Nation will be hard to beat in the Commonwealth Cup - he looks like a beast of a horse and is another by scat daddy.

Comment

Wind Chimes Coronation Stakes. Fabre confirmed today this is the plan. On at 16, 14, now 8. I was mightily impressed with that French 1000 Guineas run.

Comment

Pouvre Magique running at newcastle tonight -8-15 , currently 16-1 for the Royal hunt cup. , could shorten up if he wins.
                          Mentioned in the sporting life site today.

Comment

Also just seen in s.life Cracksman / Battaash double 9-1 with skybet.

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                              Pouvre Magique running at newcastle tonight -8-15 , currently 16-1 for the Royal hunt cup. , could shorten up if he wins.
                              Mentioned in the sporting life site today.
                              I've backed this one for the Hunt Cup but thought he'd sneak in off a mark of 94 but looking at the entries he probably needs a penalty to get a run.

Comment

Working...
                              X