Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Royal Ascot 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As you can see faugheen , i could'nt resist Dreamfield in the end .!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
      As you can see faugheen , i could'nt resist Dreamfield in the end .!
      He's my biggest bet since Samcro. Hopefully we get the same outcome

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
        I fancy Growl foe the Wokingham. Can see the reasons behind backing the fav but 4/1 in 27 runner fields just isn't my style
        Certainly down in the weights, same applies to Tupi, Ryan Moore on board and Hannon has sprung a few surprises this season

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          Matt Chapman all over dreamfield , thinks it's a good thing !!.

Comment

Bad luck FM

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
              Bad luck FM
              I'm going to drown my sorrows!

Comment

I'm going to drown my sorrows!
                Me too ! , absolute shocker today . , roll on the jumps .

Comment

• Another good day following Hugh Taylor yesterday, despite his 2 pointer Natalie's Joy flopping, Soldier's Call won tipped at 25/1. Slightly annoyingly it was the third of his tips I backed the night before and that extra minute to get the bet on meant I only got 18s, anyway mustn't grumble.

His overall Royal Ascot figures including 3 ante-post tips at the advised prices were by my calculations:
                  Day 1: Outlay: 6 points; Return: 0 points
                  Day 2: Outlay 6 points; Return: 10.1 points
                  Day 3: Outlay: 3 points; Return: 0 points
                  Day 4: Outlay: 4 points; Return: 22 points
                  Day 5: Outlay: 6 points; Return: 32 points
                  Overall: Outlay: 25 points; Return: 64.1 points
                  Total profit: 39.1 points

I actually did a bit better on this overall by backing (big for me) and partially laying on his 2 point winner Agrotera on Friday and also getting a 15% free bet bonus with William Hill as won by more than 2 lengths which I only realised yesterday.

As mentioned before definitely not a fluke as he has done very well at Royal Ascot last few years - will definitely do this again next year and raise my stakes slighty as well.

Comment

• Very well done R.C ,. As you say , well worth following H.T for the week..
                    I found it to be a difficult week .,
                    When i backed the "favourites " , the outsiders came in & when i backed the "outsiders" , the
                    favourites came in , not that I'm an expert , But , when your'e reading the Form, and their
                    rated as superstars in the making , and then ending up 6 places behind the 33-1 rag , It's
                    a bit Frustrating ,., but hey ., i guess that's horse racing . got to get up and carry on .

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                      Very well done R.C ,. As you say , well worth following H.T for the week..
                      I found it to be a difficult week .,
                      When i backed the "favourites " , the outsiders came in & when i backed the "outsiders" , the
                      favourites came in , not that I'm an expert , But , when your'e reading the Form, and their
                      rated as superstars in the making , and then ending up 6 places behind the 33-1 rag , It's
                      a bit Frustrating ,., but hey ., i guess that's horse racing . got to get up and carry on .
                      Thanks BC, although I can't really claim any credit apart from keeping to the staking plan...haha. Sounded like a tough week and hate that feeling when you back the outsiders and the favs win and vice-versa. Best of luck next time!

Comment

• Had an absolute mare yesterday which was summed up by the final two races I had fancied for.

I had Dreamland at 4/1, and I went out and forgot to back pallastor at 10:1

Comment

• Horrific case of aftertiming here but I had Arthur Kitt at 14/1, Palasator 8/1 and Harry Angel in a trixie, it paid nice but would have been a monster if Harry had converted, a case of him blowing all chance at the gates....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                            Another good day following Hugh Taylor yesterday, despite his 2 pointer Natalie's Joy flopping, Soldier's Call won tipped at 25/1. Slightly annoyingly it was the third of his tips I backed the night before and that extra minute to get the bet on meant I only got 18s, anyway mustn't grumble.

His overall Royal Ascot figures including 3 ante-post tips at the advised prices were by my calculations:
                            Day 1: Outlay: 6 points; Return: 0 points
                            Day 2: Outlay 6 points; Return: 10.1 points
                            Day 3: Outlay: 3 points; Return: 0 points
                            Day 4: Outlay: 4 points; Return: 22 points
                            Day 5: Outlay: 6 points; Return: 32 points
                            Overall: Outlay: 25 points; Return: 64.1 points
                            Total profit: 39.1 points

I actually did a bit better on this overall by backing (big for me) and partially laying on his 2 point winner Agrotera on Friday and also getting a 15% free bet bonus with William Hill as won by more than 2 lengths which I only realised yesterday.

As mentioned before definitely not a fluke as he has done very well at Royal Ascot last few years - will definitely do this again next year and raise my stakes slighty as well.
                            Bumping this with his first selections for this year to shortly appear online. As mentioned before due to the liquidity in the market you have a better chance of getting on at the prices as they have tended to hold for a couple of mins as opposed to a few seconds

Comment

• Just read his column. He makes strong cases but he's deluded if he thinks Threat was available at 9/2 at any point this evening.

Comment

Just read his column. He makes strong cases but he's deluded if he thinks Threat was available at 9/2 at any point this evening.
                                Good reason for that FM, that one was one of his 2 early morning ‘Monday’ selections. Couldn’t believe the two he put up for the Ascot Stakes this evening with PP 6 places lasted 30 mins, not sure if somebody was asleep or happy to lay his during Ascot

Comment

Working...
                                X