Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Royal Ascot 2019

Main Desire put in a nice performance today considering she had been of the track for a year and was very weak in the betting.

The Kings Stand or the Commonwealth Cup appear to be her target and I think she is a player in either.

Did my first A/P L.15 for Royal Ascot yesterday . 1 . - Gabr - 20-1 - st james palace stakes.
    2. - Bataash - 3-1 - kings stand stakes.
    3. - Vazirabad - 8-1 - ascot gold cup.
    4. - Invincible army - 8-1 - commonwealth cup.

You landed a nice couple of touches in at Royal Ascot last year didn't you FM?

Royal Hunt Cup springs to mind?

What are you ante-post plays so far?

My only bets so far are:
    Main Desire Commonwealth Cup 20/1
    Sioux Nation 7/1 Commonwealth Cup

Crack on Crack on put up a really good performance at Haydock considering he still isn't settling in his races. If he can sneak into the Brittania I think he'll run a big race.

Hors de combat interests me the the Royal Hunt Cup. I still think he's going to will a big field handicap this season.

You on anything yet Kev?
    Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 05-27-2018 at 04:22 PM.

Have to say that the 3/1 Bataash for the Kings Stand looks OK, lost 4l fluffing the start yesterday and still got up, I don't follow flat AP but unless the USA/Aussies are bringing one of their hotpots over he will take all the beating...

Bless Him did me a favour at Royal Ascot last season in the Britannia and he's out at Nottingham tomorrow. Still lightly raced; it'll be interesting to see how he goes after 9 months off the track, with an eye on the Royal Hunt Cup in 3 weeks time.

Was also very impressed by Bataash and might be a believer this year (never fancied him last year and backed Marsha who I was a big fan off)

Lady Aurelia will reoppose again but she was disappointing on her reappearance, hopefully it’s as good a finish as last year!

A/p L.15 . - 1. - Poets word -prince of wales stakes.
    - 2. - Battaash -kings stand stakes.
    - 3. - The tin man - diamond jubilee stakes.
    - 4. - Invincible army - commonwealth cup.

Even as a staunch NH fan I must admit I do enjoy Royal ascot so any antepost picks are much appreciated; seems Battash is very popular! Is AOB’s in the Norfolk a good thing?

Same here Faugheen , I don't know which horse your'e talking about , can only see about 4 horses priced up on oddschecker at
    the moment .. Honestly ,. more luck than judgement with me , but enjoy a Saturday bet and the big meetings.
    Never been to Royal Ascot meeting , but maybe go to York in August for the Ebor meeting . went to the
    Derby yesterday, Had 3 winners and dee ex bee in the big race 20-1. Happy days.