Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Swinton Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swinton Hurdle

Often an overlooked meeting takes place this Saturday in the form of Haydock's mixed card with the Swinton being the feature.
    Four NH races with a combined pot of almost £200k plus three flat races.
    The big race itself also offers some strong trends:

11 of last 12 winners were aged 5-7
    10 of last 12 winners ran in the previous 36 days
    None of the last 12 winners were last time out winners
    10 of last 12 winners were rated 128 or higher

Also positives are previous Haydock form and running at least 4 times over the minimum 2 mile trip (or the 100 yards or so either side since the re-measurement).

My initial fancy was Scheu Time who looked to have the final race of the Aintree festival in the bag until falling at the last, he looked a very unlucky loser (though as I was sitting on a 10/1 voucher I'm biased), that race was won comfortably by Havana Beat with several others that re-oppose on Saturday well beaten.
    But that one meets few trends so my focus went further afield.

Forth Bridge is one that looks sure to run a big race though horses returning from a spell chasing don't have an overly strong showing here so he might be a small cover play.

The one that really caught my eye was The Clock Is Ticking.
    Stuart Edmunds 6yo won a pair of novice events earlier this year, in the latest he gave 6lb and a 10l beating to Dan Skelton's Cause Toujours (rated 121) in a canter.
    He also got to within 4l of Claimintakinforgan on unsuitably soft ground in the Ascot Supreme trial at Christmas before hitting the bar at Cheltenhams April meeting behind Diese Des Bieffes.
    This one has the right profile for me, rates 138 he looks to have plenty improvement left, he's bang in form and will get his ground, 12/1 or thereabouts looks to be standout to me....

Scheu Time runs in a novice hurdle in Ireland tonight Ista, in case you hadn't seen.

Comment

Yep, and The clock is ticking doesn’t go either.
      Now fairly clueless....

Comment

Silver Streak the one for me...

Comment

William H Bonney at a price for me.

Comment

Silver Streak 1,, forth bridge 2. some good racing today !.

Comment

I fancy a Nicholls horse getting this so am going with Capitaine!

Comment

Fourth Bridge, Act of Valour and All Set to Go, all each way.

Shoulder races are very good too, had to play Ian Williams' Poker School in the lucky last and Wolf of Windlesham in the 2.00.

Good luck all

Comment

Originally posted by Gamm76 View Post
                  I fancy a Nicholls horse getting this so am going with Capitaine!
                  Cobden will be desperate to get his new job off to a good start

Comment

Not a race for big money in my view, will have a small ew on Lord Napier, outsider of the whole field

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Silver Streak the one for me...
                      Nice......

Comment

Yep ! , sure smells like spam to me !!.

Comment

Working...
                        X