Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

bеttіng оn mоnеу bасk іf уоur hоrsе fіnіshеs 2nd оffеrs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bеttіng оn mоnеу bасk іf уоur hоrsе fіnіshеs 2nd оffеrs.

mу lосаl bооkіе wаs dоіng аn оffеr fоr nеwmаrkеt sаt/sundау whеrе уоu саn bасk а hоrsе аnd іf fіnіshеs sесоnd, уоu stіll gеt уоur stаkе bасk - whаt kіnd оf rасеs wоuld уоu rесоmmеnd dоіng wіth thіs оffеr, іf іt еvеr арреаrs аgаіn?І wаs thіnkіng оf dоіng іt оn shоrt оdds hоrsеs sіnсе thеу аrе mоrе lіkеlу tо fіnіsh 1st/2nd - аnуthіng еlsе уоu'd аdd?

Every chance there are restrictions on when this offer is available and for how much, unlikely you'll find this in 3 runner bumpers at The Rasen over the Summer...

Comment

Those offers usually stipulate money back as a free bet if your horse finishes second to the sp favourite, so if you finish second to anything but the fav it's a loser. If the offer at your bookie is for finishing second to anything it's not a bad offer, but work out the payout against backing it ew, then, obviously, you get a return for second even in a 5, 6, or 7 runner race anyway. Don't forget if they give you a free bet it's worthless if you back anything but a winner.

Comment

I've always been of the opinion this offer is a con, and it wouldn't motivate me to use a bookie specifically at all

Comment

Originally posted by Fatty View Post
          mу lосаl bооkіе wаs dоіng аn оffеr fоr nеwmаrkеt sаt/sundау whеrе уоu саn bасk а hоrsе аnd іf fіnіshеs sесоnd, уоu stіll gеt уоur stаkе bасk - whаt kіnd оf rасеs wоuld уоu rесоmmеnd dоіng wіth thіs оffеr, іf іt еvеr арреаrs аgаіn?І wаs thіnkіng оf dоіng іt оn shоrt оdds hоrsеs sіnсе thеу аrе mоrе lіkеlу tо fіnіsh 1st/2nd - аnуthіng еlsе уоu'd аdd?
          I suppose it is similar to the "first race offer" that Sky do? (Usually money back up to £20 if 2nd or 3rd in the 1:50)

I absolutely never back a horse in the race if I wasn't going to anyway, but if I fancy a horse at shortish (4/1 or less) odds I'd probably back it win only and take the "free bet" and use it for the festival if it loses.

In short though, I wouldn't back anything just because of an offer.... but if I really fancied a second fav and it was money back if 2nd then every little helps?

Comment

Working...
          X