Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

1000/ 2000 Guineas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000/ 2000 Guineas

I couldn’t see another post anywhere else..

Thought I would draw people’s attention to betways offer which is open to returning customers ... money back as a free bet if your horse loses (up to £100 stake) on both races.

What’s people’s fancies ?

1000 - I am taking on AP O’Brian, his reckon is better in the 2000, I also prefer a horse that has had a run this season which has drawn me to soliloquy.

2000 - Gustav Klimt, similar reasons to the above although I was very impressed with masar the other day !

I put that Masar up as an ew bet to nothing when he won TC, I thought he was mightily impressive with plenty left in the locker, he is my pick for the 2000.

Comment

Decent offer that Thistecracker, somewhat confusing though as very few people I know are able to get £100 on with them !

I am the proud owner of a 33/1 voucher on Masar so will be cheering that one on.
      Expert Eye has apparently shown nothing at home all Spring but put in an impressive piece of work at Newmarket last weekend so he could be a player, and you always have to respect AOBs runners but I'm not convinced Gustav Klimt is a superhorse, looks a poor value fav for me....

Comment

Nice voucher to have isty, I had a decent bet on him the last day but nothing for the guineas yet, should have thought ahead really because I expected a decent run but didn't consider the ramifications on his big race odds.
        Same as you regarding Gustav though, has seemed laboured in winning, can't write that team off though.

Comment

Expert Eye is the one for me in the 2000G. His performance in the Vintage Stakes at Goodwood was unreal and his seasonal debut wasnt as bad as some people were making out (he was very weak in the betting). The money has come for him in the last 24 hours and I'm expecting a big run.

I backed I Can Fly in the 1000G a couple of weeks ago at 14/1. Hopefully she can improve for her seasonal debut, similar to Winter last season.

Comment

I have also read about expert eye working well but this horse has let me down a few times now and I couldn’t let myself back it again

I have managed to use the full offer on my guines 1000 pick but still undecided on the 2000

Comment

I haven't really taken much of an interest in the 2000 or 1000 guineas yet, as I kept putting off backing I Can Fly when she was 20/1 and missed the price on Masar (well done Ista).

I think Saxon Warrior will be my Derby horse, but not invested in that either and don't think the Guineas was his race.

Gustav Klimpt I felt was hugely over hyped after his win over Nebo, as for all that he was impressive, I felt he got out-paced HOWEVER his trial was very impressive so I am not against him now either.

I do like Elarqam and would love the beautifully bred horse to win for Frankel but he's not an attractive price either.

Comment

Had a bit ew on Roaring Lion, 22/1 looks massive if you take the trainers view that he was only 80% fit for the Craven. Based on previous runs, including just getting collared by Saxon Warrior, and looking at the difference in their prices today it looks worth a punt to me

Comment

Not many on Billesdon Brook I imagine

I remember backing her at odds on at Kempton and then next time out when she was a beaten fav. Can't be many 1000 Guineas winners that'd started at Sailsbury ...

Roll on the winter

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Roll on the winter
                    Amen to that. Especially when Laurens was the last leg of a treble

Comment

Working...
                    X