Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2019 Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Galileo View Post
    Now we can concentrate on the GN,will be opposing TIGER ROLL,5/1 is to short also not sure to run,better value elsewhere,
    If your looking for value I’d get in now because TIGER ROLL is not guaranteed to run,the value prices will all be tightened up

Comment

If your looking for value I’d get in now because TIGER ROLL is not guaranteed to run,the value prices will all be tightened up

Back 2 against the field GO CONQUER 40/1,BALYOPTIC 66/1,
      Just looked at long range weather forecast and it’s looking really good,sun all the way

Comment

• I’ve also backed A Toi Phil at 50’s, great price after his places run in the Pertemps, hopefully following the path & plan of previous winners by having a prep race over hurdles and Ramsies De Tellies at 33’s, I really think horse is a perfect fit for the GN.

Comment

• The weights were published in the middle of February. There is a further declaration stage today at 12noon when things may become a little clearer

Comment

Think he will be kept in until as late as possible, some of these books seem incredibly tight as it is. Tiger at 5s with Anibale Fly and Rathvinden at 10/1!

Comment

• When is the next forfeit stage please lads, really want to have a good idea of top weight before I put finishing touches to the study. Cheers

Comment

• Today at 12 noon the the next one is at the 5 day stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wainright View Post
                  Today at 12 noon the the next one is at the 5 day stage.
                  Thank you Wainright

Comment

• Any idea when the scratching will be released?

I’ve seen American and Give me a Copper are out but nothing official

Comment

• Tiger Roll given the green light to defend his crown. Can't believe it was in any serious doubt but confirmed by GE.

Comment

• A link to who got in last year.

Comment

• TIGER ROLL is very short a 5/1. He could easily follow up again, but not a betting proposition for me in a 40 runner race. I love the horse and have already backed him for the 2020 X Country at 5/2.

My Two Value NRNB Bullets with Bet365:

NOBLE ENDEAVOR 50/1 EW 5 Place 4/1 odds-

Had a lovely schooling day out in the Beecher after a long lay off. He needed the run massively in the Ultima, but still ran with credit. I am hoping that the step up in trip and the Ultima run will put him spot on for this.

He does lack a tactical speed to lay up over 3 miles but should be fine over 4.2. His Stamina shouldn't be a issue as he was staying on very well when he ran in the 4 miler. 50/1 and 12.5/1 for a place is good value. I think he will be a 33/1- 25/1 shot on the day. Need him to win for 18k and place for over 1.5K.

MONBEG NOTORIOUS 80/1 EW NRNB- This horse is a boat, but stays very well. He has ran terribly this season, but the last day was a little bit more encouraging. He might not run here, but if it comes up soft he is player with a low weight. 80s and 20/1 for a place NRNB is very fair.

Will bet a few nearer the top of the market on the day.

Comment

• Will Ultragold get in ? Form over the fences is outstanding.

The trainer said: "We are taking Ultragold up to Cheltenham to school over the cross-country fences before the Festival - then he will head to the Grand National.

"If he gets into the Grand National with the weights, then that is where he will run.

"He has been superb over the fences, with two victories in the Topham, and we think he deserves a crack at the big one - he is so much better over the Grand National fences, and they just seem to bring him alive.

"We tried him over three miles and six furlongs at Warwick last time out. and he stayed on well. So there is no issue with his stamina - it would be special to see him line up in the Grand National."
                            66/1 NRNB taken
                            Last edited by mayo; 20 March 2019, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• ...Definitly Red misses the National.

Comment

Working...
                              X