Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2019 Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only seen the headline, but appears that Hendo is thinking of running Ok Corral here.

Comment

• Can anyone help me out here as Google seems to be throwing up conflicting results. Does Tiger Roll need to complete the cross country at Cheltenham to qualify for the National or is simply starting the race enough to qualify him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eireman View Post
        Can anyone help me out here as Google seems to be throwing up conflicting results. Does Tiger Roll need to complete the cross country at Cheltenham to qualify for the National or is simply starting the race enough to qualify him.
        As I understand it he needs to complete.
        He also has an entry in Ireland should the unthinkable happen at Cheltenham...

Comment

• Originally posted by Eireman View Post
          Can anyone help me out here as Google seems to be throwing up conflicting results. Does Tiger Roll need to complete the cross country at Cheltenham to qualify for the National or is simply starting the race enough to qualify him.
          Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          As I understand it he needs to complete.
          He also has an entry in Ireland should the unthinkable happen at Cheltenham...
          Rory Delgary on the FFP said he just needs to start the race to be qualified.

A few weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

A few weeks ago.
            If true then that's a nonsense.
            The whole idea of introducing the qualification criteria is so only horses that have demonstrated they can jump fences and race to a certain level get to run in the National, simply starting and pulling up before the first does not prove this and therefore should not count as qualification.
            BHA keep finding new ways of looking incompetent...

Comment

• A bizarre set of circumstances really.

I have no idea if it is true, I just remember hearing it and it stuck with me as a random bit of information.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

A few weeks ago.
                Yeah that's what it seems to be. Being honest I was wrong on this by the looks of it because I thought you had to finish a race and that say if he fell in the cross country but was ok alternative plans would have to be made to qualify him for the national.

Comment

Working...
                X