Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast
    Professional Fat Jockey (Moderator) Istabraq's Avatar
    Remember O’leary stood on the podium at Cheltenham this year and said Tiger Roll wasn’t a certain National runner so he’s another whose comments should be taken with caution.
    A shot a history in the worlds most famous race ? I’d say TR is a likely runner if he’s fit and well come April next year year...

I'd Agree with you Istabraq, If Tiger Roll is fit and well , then No reason not to run him.
    The Alternative is put him out in a Paddock., to graze the rest of his day's away.

Professional Fat Jockey charlie's Avatar
    No point trying to dissect things O’Leary says a month before a race let alone a whole year.

Professional Fat Jockey The King Pimm's Avatar
    I think Tiger Roll will follow the same route as he did this year, hurdle race early in the new year, Cross Country and Grand National if nothing goes wrong on route. I think whatever the result next April he will definitely be retired then

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) The Beast's Avatar
    Horse i can see running very well here and also being backed heavily is Definitely Red. Course form , ran in national before , dropping in weights like a stone ,misses Cheltenham for this , eye catching run last time without winning ,jumps well without being flash and runs just behind the pace.
    Reason I believe he will be backed heavily is Liverpool fans celebrating winning the championship will steam into this fella just because of the name.33/1 at the moment I can see starting price of 14/1 on the day , great E/W shout.

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) TimRiggins's Avatar
    Only seen the headline, but appears that Hendo is thinking of running Ok Corral here.

Apprentice Fat Jockey (5lb claim) Eireman's Avatar
    Can anyone help me out here as Google seems to be throwing up conflicting results. Does Tiger Roll need to complete the cross country at Cheltenham to qualify for the National or is simply starting the race enough to qualify him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eireman View Post
    Can anyone help me out here as Google seems to be throwing up conflicting results. Does Tiger Roll need to complete the cross country at Cheltenham to qualify for the National or is simply starting the race enough to qualify him.
    As I understand it he needs to complete.
    He also has an entry in Ireland should the unthinkable happen at Cheltenham...

Champion Fat Jockey (Moderator) Kevloaf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eireman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    As I understand it he needs to complete.
    He also has an entry in Ireland should the unthinkable happen at Cheltenham...
    Rory Delgary on the FFP said he just needs to start the race to be qualified.

A few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Rory Delgary on the FFP said he just needs to start the race to be qualified.

A few weeks ago.
    If true then that's a nonsense.
    The whole idea of introducing the qualification criteria is so only horses that have demonstrated they can jump fences and race to a certain level get to run in the National, simply starting and pulling up before the first does not prove this and therefore should not count as qualification.
    BHA keep finding new ways of looking incompetent...