Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2019 Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davy was riding Tiger at Gordys away day the Curragh over the national fences today

Comment

• Don Poli.

Originally posted by robith View Post
      Has anyone heard anything about if Don Poli is going to run?

I'm not going to let my infatuation end under anything silly like form or actually being at a race track, but i didn't back NRNB and keen to cash out what's left of my stake if he's not going to run
      He is going to the Aintree sales on the Thursday. I would imagine he’ll be bought by some enthusiasts who want a runner in the National. To answer your question- he very likely will run.

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
        Davy was riding Tiger at Gordys away day the Curragh over the national fences today

Comment

• Not his fault but Davy being lined up for beaten Gold Cup/Grand National Fav double.

Are his mounts overbet ?

Comment

• I don’t think people are backing either of them specifically because Davy is on board.
            TR is the champion who has looked in career form this year so it’s no surprise he is a short priced fav.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
              I don’t think people are backing either of them specifically because Davy is on board.
              TR is the champion who has looked in career form this year so it’s no surprise he is a short priced fav.
              I think it is a factor. I dont consider him a hindrance to any horses chance but do think a lot of the public will have latched onto him after last years success.

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
                I think it is a factor. I dont consider him a hindrance to any horses chance but do think a lot of the public will have latched onto him after last years success.
                People are fickle though. No winner this year at Cheltenham?

Robbie Power could do no wrong 2 years ago... don't hear about him much at the moment?

For the 'average' Grand National punter you'd assume they're remembering the horse not the jockey.
                If Davy ends up on another the price wouldn't collapse would it?

Probably is a factor, but a small small one

Comment

• What's the next time of decs etc ..how many does it go down to.

Comment

• Originally posted by punterorplonker View Post
                    What's the next time of decs etc ..how many does it go down to.
                    Monday will be the 5 day decs. Unsure what you mean by the second part PP

Comment

• Thanks fmachine... I mean what is the subsequent decs after that and when did we get final 40 etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by punterorplonker View Post
                        Thanks fmachine... I mean what is the subsequent decs after that and when did we get final 40 etc.
                        Monday is final decs - 40 . plus 4 reserves.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                          Monday is final decs - 40 . plus 4 reserves.
                          BC - final decs are Thursday at 10am.

Comment

• Any thoughts on A Toi Phil for this...thought his run at Cheltenham went under the radar and sets him up nicely for this

Comment

• I'm a big believer in what I would call "conditioning". If a horse has primarily been running over 2 miles, 2 miles 4f or 2 miles 6f then stepping up to 4 miles is more than likely going to be a bit of a problem. A Toi Phil had a few forays over three miles in 2017 but until recently has been running over much shorter trips. The horses he is coming up against are more conditioned to running at a good gallop for a much longer period of time than he is. Nothing does this more than racing and I am dubious as to whether this conditioning can be done away from the racecourse even taking into account the trainer.

Comment

Working...
                              X