Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2019 Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rathvinden won the Virtual Grand National , Tiger Roll 2nd.

Comment

• That was absolutely incredible, didn’t have a penny on him but still loved it. What a horse

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
        That was absolutely incredible, didn’t have a penny on him but still loved it. What a horse
        Couldn’t sum it up any better. I adore the horse

Comment

• Apart from the sad news of poor Up for Review I really enjoyed this year’s race again. Tiger Roll is incredible, like many of you I didn’t back him because of the odds but that was a master class ride by Davy Russell and Tiger Roll was phenomenal. Magic of Light & Regal Encore helped me recover what I lost on backing half the field but what a race, I do love the Grand National.

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
            That was absolutely incredible, didn’t have a penny on him but still loved it. What a horse
            He can stay with me in my spare room for as long as he likes (Not because of the National Win)

Comment

• The greatest sporting event on the planet for me, even though it only lasts 10mins or so, it never lets you down.
              Incredible horse that Tiger Roll is, he reminds me of similar types such as Rummy, Desert Orchid and the flat horse Persian Punch , all of which shared that same characteristic of a will to win attitude, Rummy being the best of them imo.

Comment

• Tiger Roll doing his bit for smaller horses.

Comment

• Interesting that SkyBet are doing NRNB already for next years national.. may not be the best value but NRNB tempted me.I have gone in small on walk in the mill at 33s

Comment

• I just had a look at Skybet for that. It’s a shame it’s only 4 places as it’s such a hard race to place in. I’m very tempted to back a few but the issue is are they going to be that much shorter on the day when more places are available. I’m very tempted by RDT after he completed on Saturday, he’ll be 8 next year so still young but now has the experience and stamina to get around. The other horse I fancy is Discorama.

Comment

• My thought process is, should Tiger Roll not line up like O’Leary predicts then most will be shorter anyway..

I’m not going to get carried away with AP on this, just topping up every now and again on a couple of horses.

Comment

• Remember O’leary stood on the podium at Cheltenham this year and said Tiger Roll wasn’t a certain National runner so he’s another whose comments should be taken with caution.
                        A shot a history in the worlds most famous race ? I’d say TR is a likely runner if he’s fit and well come April next year year...

Comment

• I'd Agree with you Istabraq, If Tiger Roll is fit and well , then No reason not to run him.
                          The Alternative is put him out in a Paddock., to graze the rest of his day's away.

Comment

• No point trying to dissect things O’Leary says a month before a race let alone a whole year.

Comment

• I think Tiger Roll will follow the same route as he did this year, hurdle race early in the new year, Cross Country and Grand National if nothing goes wrong on route. I think whatever the result next April he will definitely be retired then

Comment

• Horse i can see running very well here and also being backed heavily is Definitely Red. Course form , ran in national before , dropping in weights like a stone ,misses Cheltenham for this , eye catching run last time without winning ,jumps well without being flash and runs just behind the pace.
                                Reason I believe he will be backed heavily is Liverpool fans celebrating winning the championship will steam into this fella just because of the name.33/1 at the moment I can see starting price of 14/1 on the day , great E/W shout.

Comment

Working...
                                X