Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

May Festival Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Champion hurdle - Melon
    Champion chase - Altior
    Stayers hurdle - Penhill
    Gold cup - Presenting percy
    Ryanair chase - Willoughby court
    Mares hurdle - Laurina

Comment

Samcro shortening on odds checker for the JLT ?? Any one heard anything on him going novice chasing ?

Comment

Originally posted by Willdunn99 View Post
        Samcro shortening on odds checker for the JLT ?? Any one heard anything on him going novice chasing ?
        Even if he was, you'd be bonkers to take less than 4/1 for the JLT when the target won't be confirmed.

Personally, if I fancied Samcro for the JLT, I'd take half the price for "any race" instead. It is perfectly conceivable he goes for the Arkle or RSA and whatever anyones opinion of which he'dd go for, nobody can rule any of the novice chases out, so 4/1 is an abysmal price IMO for that race.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Even if he was, you'd be bonkers to take less than 4/1 for the JLT when the target won't be confirmed.

Personally, if I fancied Samcro for the JLT, I'd take half the price for "any race" instead. It is perfectly conceivable he goes for the Arkle or RSA and whatever anyones opinion of which he'dd go for, nobody can rule any of the novice chases out, so 4/1 is an abysmal price IMO for that race.
          That’s exactly where I’m at Kev.

I said all along I expect him to go JLT. I’ve not backed him for that race though but am on for any race at 5/2.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
            As we stand, am I right in thinking it’s looking like:
            Might Bite @ 13/2 - GC
            Tiger Roll @ 4/1 - XC
            Willoughby Court @ 25/1 - Ryanair
            Laurina @ 3/1 - Mares
            I have my issues about Laurina in the Mares as I’m not sure Sullivan would be at all happy with that but is this what we are going with for May?

Comment

I'm happy to go with those picks, but still got 36 hrs , if anything else is suggested.

Comment

I'd probably prefer Penhill for the Stayers at 6/1 (or 7/1) than Laurina for the Mares at 3/1.

Target confirmed, 2x C&D festival winner. Best trainer, won it this year with zero prep run so even not having a run wouldn't be a negative...

Comment

If I were to take one of them out it would be Tiger Roll @4/1

No idea how he will come out of the national, and his 4/1 is much worse than CoC @10/1 which we all banged on last year

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    I'd probably prefer Penhill for the Stayers at 6/1 (or 7/1) than Laurina for the Mares at 3/1.

Target confirmed, 2x C&D festival winner. Best trainer, won it this year with zero prep run so even not having a run wouldn't be a negative...
                    Might be taking in a flat campaign though I’m not sure a trip to Ascot and Melbourne will be a huge issue.

We have him in a March Yankee, correct?

Comment

Someone on the Betfair forum who seems to be respected is saying that Laurina goes over fences

Comment

I can see her going over fences but still going for the mares

Comment

That would be very un Mullins like

Comment

He did it this year?

Comment

So what did we actually go for in the end?

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                                As we stand, am I right in thinking it’s looking like:
                                Might Bite @ 13/2 - GC
                                Tiger Roll @ 4/1 - XC
                                Willoughby Court @ 25/1 - Ryanair
                                Laurina @ 3/1 - Mares
                                I'm going to go with this one as it was the last one posted. Not a fan of having Tiger Roll in there at that price but these Yankees are a bit of fun and it gets a few horses into the book and then we can get started for June.

Comment

Working...
                                X