Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Punchestown Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
    Brilliant, best moment of the season for me.
    Interesting Rich and Willie talking about chasing next season. would be very unusual for a 11yr old but he is lightly raced
    If they are doing it the novice campaign won’t last too long.

Going for the Dawn Run double?

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
      If they are doing it the novice campaign won’t last too long.

Going for the Dawn Run double?
      I was staggered to hear Ricci mention the JLT for Faugheen if going novice chasing?!

What on EARTH would be the point of going chasing with the aim of winning a JLT at his age.... when he's just won a stayers hurdle at Punchestwown

I don't think he'll be seen over a fence NUT it sas to be Gold Cup as a novice (via the King George like Thistlecrack tried) doesn't it!

Comment

• Personally it was a great week with 2 winners and a fourth although Cadmium and Kemboy have been handed a good few extra pounds by the handicapper for their pains. I managed to get over for the Thursday and ticking the Punchestown winner box capped off a day to savour with the performances of Faugheen and Footpad. Interesting to note that, carrying 17lb less, Cadmium covered the course 3.4 seconds quicker than Footpad. Obviously, it doesn't put him up there with Footpad but it does indicate a quality performance as does the 13lb hike. Kemboy goes up 9lb to 156.

Comment

• A festival to remember for your syndicate alright Archie, congrats I’m sure plenty of celebratory pints of Guinness were had!

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
            Personally it was a great week with 2 winners and a fourth although Cadmium and Kemboy have been handed a good few extra pounds by the handicapper for their pains. I managed to get over for the Thursday and ticking the Punchestown winner box capped off a day to savour with the performances of Faugheen and Footpad. Interesting to note that, carrying 17lb less, Cadmium covered the course 3.4 seconds quicker than Footpad. Obviously, it doesn't put him up there with Footpad but it does indicate a quality performance as does the 13lb hike. Kemboy goes up 9lb to 156.
            Cadmium gets a helluva mention from Pricewise for the reasons you've mentioned.

One to be very excited about archie!

Kemboy hopefully can progress too and be a real player in some graded races.

Looking forward to watching these for you

Comment

Working...
            X