Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thats true, he'll not be asked to win a race again until the cross country

Quote Originally Posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
    Thats true, he'll not be asked to win a race again until the cross country
    I'm leaning towards not worrying about the effect of the national because Gordon Elliott is showing no signs of stopping./ He's doing things that special and if he keeps TR ion training, I expect him at 100% at the festival, to go for festival win number 4

Top Amateur
    Agreed on the effort not needed until the festival... hopefully the odds might reach double figures

4/1 now with Skybet. I missed the price

Top Amateur
    Must be a fair amount of money going on to reduce it that fast

After I saw the price decrease, I took the mite bite double at 25/1

Top Amateur
    4/1 is far too skinny for me, maybe around the turn of the year after a no show tune up race I’ll look at getting involved.

Interested to see who else is brought into the division, CoC and Tiger Roll we’re both in their first seasons at it.

I can’t imagine Pipe would have the bottle but I would have Un Temp Pour Tout as a strong national shout and this is looking like a new route to the Nash

Interesting Skybet have Clarcam at 20's for this.
    Unbelievable he is only eight.
    And bearing in mind what happened to causes last year, could Clarcam be the saver bet.

Quote Originally Posted by quevega View Post
    Interesting Skybet have Clarcam at 20's for this.
    Unbelievable he is only eight.
    And bearing in mind what happened to causes last year, could Clarcam be the saver bet.
    He's been sold and gone to America

5lb Claimer
    William Hill have added TIGER ROLL in the Cross Country to their Cheltz ante post list and he is 5/1.
    Going to have a few quid on asap.

A horse I have one eye on from the same yard as Tiger Roll, is one called Timiyan. Owned by JP, someone who isn't shy to chuck a few at a race like this, Timiyan stepped up on previous chase efforts to stay on at the line to get ahead of former Irish Grand National winner Rogue Angel. Now let's not pretend Rogue Angel is anything like what he used to be, but he was backed into favourite for the Kilbeggan run so must have been showing some old spark prior to the race.

Timiyan was having his first try over 3m+ and got up on the line suggesting a marathon trip would not be out of the question. I'd suggest he probably lacks the top level of class to win a race of this nature but is certainly one I feel could potentially end up here should the improvements for the step up in trip continue. No betting yet, as nothing at all to suggest he will end up in this race, but as a potential, whether it be this season or next season I think he could be one to keep an eye on in any race he appears over a distance.