Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cross Country Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4/1 is far too skinny for me, maybe around the turn of the year after a no show tune up race I’ll look at getting involved.

Interested to see who else is brought into the division, CoC and Tiger Roll we’re both in their first seasons at it.

I can’t imagine Pipe would have the bottle but I would have Un Temp Pour Tout as a strong national shout and this is looking like a new route to the Nash

Comment

Interesting Skybet have Clarcam at 20's for this.
      Unbelievable he is only eight.
      And bearing in mind what happened to causes last year, could Clarcam be the saver bet.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
        Interesting Skybet have Clarcam at 20's for this.
        Unbelievable he is only eight.
        And bearing in mind what happened to causes last year, could Clarcam be the saver bet.
        He's been sold and gone to America
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

William Hill have added TIGER ROLL in the Cross Country to their Cheltz ante post list and he is 5/1.
          Going to have a few quid on asap.

Comment

A horse I have one eye on from the same yard as Tiger Roll, is one called Timiyan. Owned by JP, someone who isn't shy to chuck a few at a race like this, Timiyan stepped up on previous chase efforts to stay on at the line to get ahead of former Irish Grand National winner Rogue Angel. Now let's not pretend Rogue Angel is anything like what he used to be, but he was backed into favourite for the Kilbeggan run so must have been showing some old spark prior to the race.

Timiyan was having his first try over 3m+ and got up on the line suggesting a marathon trip would not be out of the question. I'd suggest he probably lacks the top level of class to win a race of this nature but is certainly one I feel could potentially end up here should the improvements for the step up in trip continue. No betting yet, as nothing at all to suggest he will end up in this race, but as a potential, whether it be this season or next season I think he could be one to keep an eye on in any race he appears over a distance.

Comment

I’ve been following Timiyan ever since JP purchased him for Big money as a 3yo, didn’t turn up in that years Triumph and has had a chequered career so far, an interesting one to put in COD, and one I’ll be keeping an eye, ie targets, change of trainer? Although doubt that will happen.

Comment

Timiyan runs in the Kerry National tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                  Timiyan runs in the Kerry National tomorrow.
                  Cheers Archie. May have a play on him tomorrow. Gone up 10lbs since last run but 7lb claimer on board too to negate some of the rise.

Comment

I wonder if they will let don poli have a spin at trials day
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      I wonder if they will let don poli have a spin at trials day
                      Pretty sure the two XC races Cheltenham stage outside of the festival are at the Autumn meetings and not Trials day, last year I think they transferred to January because of postponements.
                      But if Don Poli is being considered for this he’s be a very interesting contender...

Comment

Are there any quotes around Don Poli's wellbeing? I thought they might go down the Hunter Chase route this season of he was back to fitness.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                          Are there any quotes around Don Poli's wellbeing? I thought they might go down the Hunter Chase route this season of he was back to fitness.
                          Kevin Blake gave a slight mention on FFP last week, he did mention the GN as being potentially on the agenda

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            Clearly not read my Grand National post have you

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
                            Kevin Blake gave a slight mention on FFP last week, he did mention the GN as being potentially on the agenda
                            It was along the lines of Kevin Blake saying O'Leary told him he's back in training and doing very well.... and in answer to "Will he be a NAtional horse" he said "very much could be".

That is paraphrasing but 50/1 one of my all time favourites in the race he was born for will do me

Comment

The Noel Meade-trained veteran finished a creditable sixth in the Grand National at Aintree in April, but was well beaten at Galway and Down Royal since and was knocked down for £35,000 to David Christie, who is a leading figure on the point to point circuit in Northern Ireland.

Christie said: “I know he’s an older horse, but he moves like a four-year-old.

“He’s been in Noel’s all his life and hopefully a change of scenery will do him the world of good.

“He’s been bought by a client to go for those cross-country races in Cheltenham, Auteuil and Punchestown. That’s the number one plan.”

He added: “He’s been hunting in Ireland. Hopefully going down the cross-country route might just light the wick again.

“If that doesn’t work out we can maybe aim him at a National in the spring, but we’ll see.

“I think there’s a cross-country race at Cheltenham in November so we might aim to start him off there.”

Road to Riches

Comment

Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                                The Noel Meade-trained veteran finished a creditable sixth in the Grand National at Aintree in April, but was well beaten at Galway and Down Royal since and was knocked down for £35,000 to David Christie, who is a leading figure on the point to point circuit in Northern Ireland.

Christie said: “I know he’s an older horse, but he moves like a four-year-old.

“He’s been in Noel’s all his life and hopefully a change of scenery will do him the world of good.

“He’s been bought by a client to go for those cross-country races in Cheltenham, Auteuil and Punchestown. That’s the number one plan.”

He added: “He’s been hunting in Ireland. Hopefully going down the cross-country route might just light the wick again.

“If that doesn’t work out we can maybe aim him at a National in the spring, but we’ll see.

“I think there’s a cross-country race at Cheltenham in November so we might aim to start him off there.”

Road to Riches
                                Whilst I have no intention of backing him, I’m pleased to see he’s running in these races. He’s a likeable old boy and it’ll be nice to see him in races he will realistically go well in.

Comment

Working...
                                X