Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cross Country Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Country Chase 2019

Elliott on Tiger Roll today...

"It's a shame for Keith Donoghue because he was Keith's ride," said Elliott. "He just couldn't do the weight. He did a lot of work on the horse but he's going to have plenty more days on him. He'll be back on him in the cross-country race next year."
    Load up the wheelbarrows for 2019!

SkyBet have taken their 7/1 special down. I'm hoping when the Cheltenham RequestABets come back up it'll still be there. With no Cross Country markets up yet William Hill are the best next at 5/1 > 5.4/1 price boost Any Race. I'd be surprised to see a bigger price than 7/1 anywhere. I don't want to ask for a price for him right now anyway as a request now, a day after he is the most talked about racehorse out there - you're going to get no value. Hopefully when the dust settles and we move onto Punchestown and the flat, if he is still not priced up i'll then request it.

I do want to wait a little bit and see how the horse and if the race has had any lasting effect. Elliott does say "Tiger Roll is at home, he's a little bit tired this morning but he's okay" in the piece though.
    Last edited by jono; 15 April 2018, 11:46 AM.

[QUOTE=jono;72067]
    Load up the wheelbarrows for 2019!

SkyBet have taken their 7/1 special down. [QUOTE]

I took advantage of that 7/1 very soon after Cheltenham.
    With CofC retired, fancied recruits not improving hugely for the change of code, Tiger Roll like he could be a very warm order for next years renewal.
    Just one word of warning, winning a National has ruined many a horse so we will need to see how he comes back next season...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
      I took advantage of that 7/1 very soon after Cheltenham.
      With CofC retired, fancied recruits not improving hugely for the change of code, Tiger Roll like he could be a very warm order for next years renewal.
      Just one word of warning, winning a National has ruined many a horse so we will need to see how he comes back next season...
      It may be tough to tell if the National last left its mark? Getting beaten won't do any harm to his handicap mark... or he'll be out the back in some cross country races.

No chance of a Gold Cup tilt with him? Clearly likes the hill. Clearly stays. Has a touch of class?

Comment

I can’t heap enough praise on “The little rat”, absolutely love him and will be hanging a Dint print of him on one of my walls soon enough - but I don’t think he’s a Gold Cup horse at all.

Comment

I'd be surprised if he goes anywhere else. This, the Ultima or Gold Cup. His mark will certainly go up from the 150. I cannot see the Ultima being an option even if they were to run him in a certain manner next season...He's only 8 years old and potentially could be at his prime (if the National hasn't left a mark) next season at 9 years old, that would be the only reason why they could aim higher I guess.

It was a quote taken from a preview night so shouldn't obviously be taken at face value but still remember Elliott saying

Presenting Percy is the best staying novice chaser in Ireland by a country mile and will win the RSA Chase. He will win the Gold Cup Next Year
          That, plus the

I was always taught to go for the race you can win
          Just can't see him pitching him in the race. He's a super horse but up against Presenting Percy, Might Bite and Native River?
          Though Gigginstown will ultimately make the call, I think there's a fair level of realism with them too so would be shocked if they pushed for it.

He's won the 4 Miler (last run 31st October) and Cross Country (last run 15th December) with a long break so we'd assume a similar break again and not running in 2019? Likely have his final run at the Cross Country race in December as his final prep? I'd like to think he would give me a calmer build up to the festival than what Cause of Causes did!

There is another horse that I quite like the idea of for this if he was to come into this discipline but until the markets are up and updates/plans are made through the summer I won't even bother going into that one or backing him.

Ista - certainly something in the back of my mind. Tiger Roll has been involved in plenty of tough races and come back (Munster National, Irish National, 4 Miler) but the Aintree National is unique. Compared to this time last year, I had more hope with Cause of Causes that it wouldn't leave a mark as he had ran in the National beforehand, something we don't have with Tiger Roll. I do have a feeling that with Many Clouds bucking the trend for National Winners coming out of the race and winning/competing at a high level after, younger horses have been winning the National over the last few years which maybe means they too could come out of it better than what used to be expected? It's a shame One For Arthur (8yo) got injured and Rule The World retired (9yo) after as that theory is untested still. (though you could easily say the fact they are retired and injured proves your point! )

Comment

I just can't bring myself to back a horse after winning a National. They generally never recover. In recent memory other then Many Clouds with couple of wins including beating Thistlecrack and Hedgehunter (2nd in both the GC and GN in 06) the rest of winners in recent memory have had no success afterwards.

Comment

Tiger roll 7/1 back up

Comment

Requested the Tiger Roll & Might Bite double

Comment

i'm very wary after last year and being so confident on COC.
                  Tiger roll has had two difficult races and finished a very tired horse after both.

Comment

Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                    i'm very wary after last year and being so confident on COC.
                    Tiger roll has had two difficult races and finished a very tired horse after both.
                    I think he's had tough races before and come back from them... then fact he won the national on the back of a tough race makes him quite appealing.

As I said before (I think)... it might be quite hard to see how the National has affected him though, as you can't envisgage a huge performance first or second time out next season no matter what the circumstances?

Comment

Thats true, he'll not be asked to win a race again until the cross country

Comment

Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                        Thats true, he'll not be asked to win a race again until the cross country
                        I'm leaning towards not worrying about the effect of the national because Gordon Elliott is showing no signs of stopping./ He's doing things that special and if he keeps TR ion training, I expect him at 100% at the festival, to go for festival win number 4

Comment

Agreed on the effort not needed until the festival... hopefully the odds might reach double figures

Comment

4/1 now with Skybet. I missed the price

Comment

Must be a fair amount of money going on to reduce it that fast

After I saw the price decrease, I took the mite bite double at 25/1

Comment

Working...
                              X