Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    7lb Claimer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Josie's Orders 8/1 with WH?

Quite a distance to make up on last years run but he's not out of it is he?

and at double the price Fact Of The Matter that beat him?
    Fact of Matter getting weight....tho is improving as new to scene.....not fan of either....cashed out BC....so Tiger all the way, with a small ew on the French horse

Top Amateur
    Just a personal view but, having had a runner in the race, I don't see the Cheltenham cross country course as particularly similar to Punchestown and don't go overboard on form between the two. For me, Cheltenham is closer to normal chasing and it seems easier for better class chasers to switch disciplines. I haven't checked but my impression is that there are more banks (which disrupt rhythm) at Punchestown and it's easier to coast round at Cheltenham.

3lb Claimer
    Cheers Archie, that personal experience is very handy to know. I find this race a very tricky one to win with. I cashed out a load of bets featuring Tiger Roll because there appeared to be a lot of negativity surrounding him over the past few weeks but that now seems to be going the other way and he may well be one of the bankers of the week??

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Just a personal view but, having had a runner in the race, I don't see the Cheltenham cross country course as particularly similar to Punchestown and don't go overboard on form between the two. For me, Cheltenham is closer to normal chasing and it seems easier for better class chasers to switch disciplines. I haven't checked but my impression is that there are more banks (which disrupt rhythm) at Punchestown and it's easier to coast round at Cheltenham.
    Thanks Archie, that provides me with a small crumb of comfort as I clutch onto my Balleycasey slips!

Great to see Tiger Roll with the hurdle entry (as connections stated a while back to be the plan) at Navan on Sunday.
    2:20 over 2m5

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Great to see Tiger Roll with the hurdle entry (as connections stated a while back to be the plan) at Navan on Sunday.
    2:20 over 2m5
    Back of the TV job ...

Staying on late?

Good thing

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Back of the TV job ...

Staying on late?

Good thing
    Oh aye. Get round safe, blow the cobwebs away before living on the snaff in front of the Cheltenham grandstand!

3lb Claimer
    Ballycasey doubtful to run in this according to Willie (from Saturday’s RP column)

Top Amateur
    Have taken a small amount on Chic Name at 70.0

5thblast year as a 6 year old, And went on to win over 3m6 afterwards I’ve no doubt he has buckets to find still but you would think he’s an improved and you never know what could happen. Probably wants it soft though

Top Amateur
    Great prep run for Tiger Roll