Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Scottish Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish Grand National

And the Next one ....... Scottish Grand national , .
    Vintage Clouds here for me , just missed the cut for the aintree
    Grand national , so surely will run here .

Sorry Kev , should have started this in the G.N. section. sure you can do the necessary to change it .

Comment

Do we think Blaklion could come here or Sandown?

Comment

At first glance I like Fagan and Vicente but I'll wait until nearer the time to see what the ground is like.

Comment

If we can widen this to the whole Ayr meeting & this mini heatwave materialises - I don’t think Verdana Blue will be anywhere near the 10/1 you can get now for the Scottish Champion hurdle.

Comment

Daklondike @ 25/1 is my only Ante Post bet in the race so far

Comment

I couldn't wait any longer. Took Vicente 10/1 and Fagan 16/1, both each way.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                I couldn't wait any longer. Took Vicente 10/1 and Fagan 16/1, both each way.
                How much higher in the weights is Vicente this year?

Folmsom Blue and Fagan are obviously massively interesting for Gordon "I literally can do no wrong" Elliott.

Comment

Does anyone know if Gold Present is an intended runner ?
                  Drying ground exactly what he needs, I liked his Aintree chances and think he could go very close if taking his chance...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                    Does anyone know if Gold Present is an intended runner ?
                    Drying ground exactly what he needs, I liked his Aintree chances and think he could go very close if taking his chance...
                    I can't find anything on him Ista. He was very weak in the national betting all last week but I'm not sure if that was purely ground related or something else.

Kev - Vicente is 4lb higher than last season.

Comment

Just thought i'd mention to keep an eye out in the last race at Ayr on Saturday NH flat race...Nicky Henderson has in the past been quoted as saying he regularly targets this race with only something that is very highly regarded at seven Barrows...He won it last year with Pym and 2015 with William Henry and he also sent Sprinter there for it too...New moon and igor are his entries...

Comment

Money for Glencairn View and Label Des Obeaux today.
                        Both put up by ryan on the On The Hunt podcast...
                        Not sure if that is the reason why but he does make a good case for both, especially LDO who is 1 lb lower than winning on the same card last year.

Comment

Us 4m backers have to stick with Fagan

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Money for Glencairn View and Label Des Obeaux today.
                            Both put up by ryan on the On The Hunt podcast...
                            Not sure if that is the reason why but he does make a good case for both, especially LDO who is 1 lb lower than winning on the same card last year.
                            I like Glencairn view, some better ground could see him improve again

Comment

The Young Master effectively has bottom weight with the 3lb the dentist is claiming, ground should suit, and is on the back of a fairly promising ride in the Kim Muir in conditions he wouldn’t have enjoyed. He’ll do for for me at 20/1.

Comment

Working...
                              X