Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Aintree Day One 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Tea For Two and Double Shuffle part of the ones you do or don't like FM?

The dead 8 at the moment and still ante post so tonight would be the time to strike I suppose!
    I don't like Double Shuffle and think he's a poor price - he's not a grade 1 horse imo.
    TFT won the race last season but that was after Lizzie was unseated early in the Gold Cup, so he was effectively a fresh horse at Aintree last season. The Gold Cup is such a hard race, especially this year on that ground, that I think it must have left some sort of mark on the runners.

Comment

Obliged. I've watched the Market Rasen run, does that very nicely.

Link to the french runs anywhere?
      Not without France Gallop or arqana that I'm aware of.

Getaway Katie mai is the rightful fav but I think dissavril is overpriced at 10/1.

Getaway Katie mai last bumper run is impressive reading
      Paul's horse posh trish beat getaway Katie mai well in her ptp she's not unbeatable and it's a big enough field to have hard luck stories. Dissavril has enough tactical pace.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

I really like Doitforthevillage in the Red Rum Handicap Chase @ 12/1.

Made up a huge amount of ground at Cheltenham, ground will be no issue, cruising in this last year. I really fancy his chances

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
          I really like Doitforthevillage in the Red Rum Handicap Chase @ 12/1.

Made up a huge amount of ground at Cheltenham, ground will be no issue, cruising in this last year. I really fancy his chances
          After Diego want declared, I backed Doitforthevillage for the reasons you say Charlie.

7pts down with non runners before we start.

Tomorrow's bets:
          1:45
          1pt Modus 9/1

2:20
          1pt Nube Negra 10/1
          0.5pt ew paddleyourowncanoe 40/1

2:50
          2pts Bristol De Mai 13/2
          1pt ew Clan Des Obeaux 22/1

3:25
          No bet yet.... thinking Lami Serge but can't bring myself to push the button

4:05
          1.5pts Balnaslow 10/1
          1pt Grand Vision 9/1

4:40
          1pt ew Doitforthevillage 14/1

5:15
          No bet yet - Meep Meep is the mare I like.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
            Cheers Jono, stuck MTOY, Distime and King's Socks with Balko Des Flos with Hills (clear best price on 3 of those) at 18k to 1 (price boost E/W acca)
            Now into 2k to 1 ...haha! Fairplay Jono Distime and King's Socks have halved in price as to BDF

Comment

I'll have a little ew on Double Shuffle, I don't believe his KG run was a fluke, and in the context of this race 12/1 looks a good ew price. Probably look for a couple of others too that look overpriced for an ew treble, soon mounts up.
              I've backed Cyrname in the first plus added Supasundae for a decent double.

Comment

1:45 Big Bucks Novice Chase - No bet
                Interested in seeing Cyrname but don't want to back him at fav.
                Not a big fan of Brain Power but couldn't rule him out despite the extra distance being a slight unknown. Put off by the number of falls and the 2nd in the Arkle isn't worth a bean IMO.
                Finian's Oscar I don't have any faith in whatsoever, despite Aintree perhaps being better for him.
                If I was going to have a bet Modus would edge out Rene's Girl but I don't think I'll be backing either.

2:20 4yo hurdle 1 pt e/w Beau Gosse 16/1
                I almost pulled the trigger on We Have A Dream at 4/1 a few days back and decided against it, so I've automatically gone looking for a bigger price and decided 16/1 about Beau Gosse will do each way. I backed him in the Adonis and will use the Good ground as a reason to justify a line through that run.... have to be on the opinion they wouldn't bring him over for nothing. I'm sure scooby might know more about his french form and where it ties in but I'm on regardless.

2:50 Betway Bowl 1 pt e/w Clan Des Obeaux 14/1
                Might Bite without a doubt the best horse in the race, but I wasn't impressed with him at Aintree beating Whisper last season and the awful record of Gold Cup horses, despite the "extra week" this year isn't going to make me back an odds on shot. I've gone for a token each way, was tempoted by Tea For Two as previous race winners can be over priced however as FM suggested, he's had more of a race this time. I have been a big fan of CDO for a couple of seasons and hope Nicholls can have another star chaser on his hands... maybe a little unlikely but he's the most unexposed in the field for me at this trip.

3:25 Aintree Hurdle 1 pt e/w 6/1 My Tent Or Yours
                Missing Cheltenham wasn't by design, but SUpasundae, The New One and L'Ami Serge all ran in the stayers hurdle which I don't think is a positive - got no reason to like any of the ones at double figures which leaves My Tent... Got a good record in this race, the ground isn't ideal but I think he's rock solid each way and if the Stayers hurdle has left a mark (which it might not have done, but if it has, MTOY mops up). I'll add, I am not as dead against L'ami Serge in this race as I would have been all year about him in the stayers but still won't be backing him.

4:05 Foxhunters 1 pt e/w 10/1 on Balnaslow
                Mentioned this elsewhere, but did want to add Grand Vision... won't be doing at 4/1 fav. Will let my ante post selection ride. (Backed when FM put this up)

4:40 Hanidcap chase King's Socks 1.5 pts e/w
                Jono made the case for this... can't quite believe the price now. I was trying to find an angle to fancy Sizing Platinum for Tizzard because he's had some big priced winners at this meeting but I really can't see anything in the form so 20/1 isn't big enough.

5:15 Mares Bumper 0.75 pts e/w Dissavril (picked up from in here) 10/1
                Getaway Katie Mai I backed in a trixie at 3/1 yesterday with a couple on Friday.

Comment

I think Finians can go close tomorrow.
                  Not one to have your life on but better ground will help and this looks much weaker than the JLT...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                    I think Finians can go close tomorrow.
                    Not one to have your life on but better ground will help and this looks much weaker than the JLT...
                    Would have won £11k on Finian's Oscar in the JLT - so I am done with him

Comment

Lucky 31 - 1. - Cyrname - 1-45 .
                      2. - We have a dream - 2-20 .
                      3. - Clan des obeaux - 2-50 .
                      4. - Distime - 4-05 .
                      5. - Tommy silver - 4-40 .

Comment

1:45 - Cyrname @ 9/4
                        2:20 - Apples Shakira @ 2/1 & 9/4
                        2:50 - Might Bite @ 5/6
                        3:25 - My Tent Or Yours @ 15/2
                        4:05 - Grand Vision @ 9/2
                        4:50 - Kings Socks @ 4/1
                        5:15 - Getaway Katie Mai @ 5/2

Good luck all

Comment

Waiting on a drift of brain power to 7/2 and I'll get stuck in. With a clear round he should win.
                          Cyrname just isn't that good he also needs further as he goes up in grade.
                          Finians Oscar dosent have enough toe for this and his tentative jumping won't help.
                          Modus can't jump. Rene's girl is decent and consistent but wouldn't be beating brain power with a clear round.

2.50 might bite I will take if any odds against.

5.15 dissavril.
                          Last edited by Scooby91; 12 April 2018, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                            Now into 2k to 1 ...haha! Fairplay Jono Distime and King's Socks have halved in price as to BDF
                            Good luck RC! Hopefully they all run a decent race

Comment

1:45 Big Bucks Novice Chase - No bet
                              Interested in seeing Cyrname but don't want to back him at fav.
                              Not a big fan of Brain Power but couldn't rule him out despite the extra distance being a slight unknown. Put off by the number of falls and the 2nd in the Arkle isn't worth a bean IMO.
                              Finian's Oscar I don't have any faith in whatsoever, despite Aintree perhaps being better for him.
                              If I was going to have a bet Modus would edge out Rene's Girl but I don't think I'll be backing either.

2:20 4yo hurdle 1 pt e/w Beau Gosse 16/1
                              I almost pulled the trigger on We Have A Dream at 4/1 a few days back and decided against it, so I've automatically gone looking for a bigger price and decided 16/1 about Beau Gosse will do each way. I backed him in the Adonis and will use the Good ground as a reason to justify a line through that run.... have to be on the opinion they wouldn't bring him over for nothing. I'm sure scooby might know more about his french form and where it ties in but I'm on regardless.

2:50 Betway Bowl 1 pt e/w Clan Des Obeaux 14/1
                              Might Bite without a doubt the best horse in the race, but I wasn't impressed with him at Aintree beating Whisper last season and the awful record of Gold Cup horses, despite the "extra week" this year isn't going to make me back an odds on shot. I've gone for a token each way, was tempoted by Tea For Two as previous race winners can be over priced however as FM suggested, he's had more of a race this time. I have been a big fan of CDO for a couple of seasons and hope Nicholls can have another star chaser on his hands... maybe a little unlikely but he's the most unexposed in the field for me at this trip.

3:25 Aintree Hurdle 1 pt e/w 6/1 My Tent Or Yours
                              Missing Cheltenham wasn't by design, but SUpasundae, The New One and L'Ami Serge all ran in the stayers hurdle which I don't think is a positive - got no reason to like any of the ones at double figures which leaves My Tent... Got a good record in this race, the ground isn't ideal but I think he's rock solid each way and if the Stayers hurdle has left a mark (which it might not have done, but if it has, MTOY mops up). I'll add, I am not as dead against L'ami Serge in this race as I would have been all year about him in the stayers but still won't be backing him.

4:05 Foxhunters 1 pt e/w 10/1 on Balnaslow
                              Mentioned this elsewhere, but did want to add Grand Vision... won't be doing at 4/1 fav. Will let my ante post selection ride. (Backed when FM put this up)

4:40 Hanidcap chase King's Socks 1.5 pts e/w
                              Jono made the case for this... can't quite believe the price now. I was trying to find an angle to fancy Sizing Platinum for Tizzard because he's had some big priced winners at this meeting but I really can't see anything in the form so 20/1 isn't big enough.

5:15 Mares Bumper 0.75 pts e/w Dissavril (picked up from in here) 10/1
                              Getaway Katie Mai I backed in a trixie at 3/1 yesterday with a couple on Friday.
                              Beau gosse is decent but a bit slow, the ground will help no doubt. He'll be ridden away fairly early if they go a strong gallop which is likely they will and might find it hard to get back into it at the business end.
                              If they go steady it would play to his strengths, if hes on there tail they've gone too slow, and he finds off the bridle.
                              He'll be up in trip next season I'd have thought.
                              Last edited by Scooby91; 12 April 2018, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Does anyone else have an absolute shocking record at Aintree? Mine is garbage. Small, level stakes all round

Comment

Working...
                                X