Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Fat Jockey Farewells (NH)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rip the tank

Comment

I am starting to feel old ....

Comment

A more positive farewell, Djakadam retired and going to his breeder in France

Comment

R.i.p Denman , Brilliant horse . While wer'e on the subject , I'm sure i read that Sir des champs passed a week or so ago , but haven't
          been able to find anything since. ??. Lucky djakadam to be out to grass .

Comment

One of the best ever... certainly in the top few I've been lucky enough to see.

RUK -

Comment

The final furlong podcast tribute to Denman was a great listen.

I've only been in to racing for around 10 years and the Denman/Kauto Star rivalry is the only thing I really remember from getting into NH racing.

I don;t trhink I ever backed Denman when he won... had a poor record with him and Kauto to be fair, but sometimes the sport is bigger than betting (well, often actually!) but I feel so lucky to have got involved during their time... when you look at some of the winners since, it really it staggering.

They raiser an interesting point on the FFP, about not really knowing how good horses are, unless they run off-of top weight in handicaps and I fully agree.

Ratings are somewhat pointless in group/grade 1s.

Comment

Big Chang - Sir Des Champs died when in a point to point race a few weeks back.

Racing Post had an article online at the time.

Comment

Sir Des Champs was my first ever festival banker in the Jewson

Great servant to the game

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                    Sir Des Champs was my first ever festival banker in the Jewson

Great servant to the game
                    Banker against the mighty Peddlers Cross? Bold

I remember that race really well, as I'd decided to 'dutch' them and it was the first time I properly remember it working

Sir Des Champs I got wrong loads, I was on Flemenstar most of the time around then!

Comment

I have no idea why he was but I remember telling all my mates he was a dead cert.

And at uni those fivers and tenners were a big deal!

Him vs Flemenstar was great, but I suppose the Melling Chase where it was Flemenstar vs Sprinter put the Irish in their place

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                        I have no idea why he was but I remember telling all my mates he was a dead cert.

And at uni those fivers and tenners were a big deal!

Him vs Flemenstar was great, but I suppose the Melling Chase where it was Flemenstar vs Sprinter put the Irish in their place
                        I start to feel old when I think about when the British could put Ireland in their place

Comment

RIP The Romford Pele.

Died at Uttoxeter on Sunday. Collapsed apparently.

Comment

Not sure if arctic fire was on this thread. But he wasn't enjoying the retired life, so is back in full training and seemingly sound.

The nine-year-old won five of his 19 starts over jumps for champion trainer Willie Mullins, including the 2015 Hatton's Grace Hurdle at Fairyhouse and the County Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival in March of last year.

He was also placed in the Champion Hurdle at Cheltenham, the Punchestown Champion Hurdle and the Irish Champion Hurdle at Leopardstown behind esteemed stable companions Faugheen and Hurricane Fly.

Time was called on Arctic Fire's career in January due to injury, but owner Nick Peacock has had a change of heart and he is set to make his first appearance for trainer Denis Cullen later this week.

Peacock said: "The story is he was stood in a field looking rather sorry and miserable and because the lameness he had was never fully explained, I decided we'd put him back into training and see how we got on.

"He's actually got on very well. There’s been no sign of his previous injury and he’s somewhere close to being match fit, if not quite peak fit.

"I didn’t want to bring him back in a handicap, where he’d have to give a lot of weight away, and the race on Thursday looks suitable.

"Obviously the horses’s welfare is paramount and the jockey will be under strict instructions to pull him up if he feels something is amiss."
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                              RIP The Romford Pele.

Died at Uttoxeter on Sunday. Collapsed apparently.
                              Rip, had just come back into form too.
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

It appears that Finian's Oscar has passed away

Comment

Working...
                                X