Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Fat Jockey Farewells (NH)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So sad, RIP

Comment

• RIP Liam - awful news and thoughts with everyone that knew him

Comment

• Absolutely gutted, RIP Liam. I thought he was an underrated jockey, his win on Carrickboy is still one of my fondest memories at the Festival.

Comment

• RIP Liam, horrific news.

Comment

• Looks like Lizzie Kelly has retired from the saddle.

Some big winners including Tea For Two at Kempton (first Grade 1 for a female jockey), a festival winner on Coo Star Sivola and part of that Thursday's magic hour!

I'm sure she'll be fondly remembered by plenty

Comment

• Big farewell to Yanworth

Comment

• Something exceptionally tragic about a favourite for the champion hurdle breaking his pelvis on Friday night at Kilcreggan.

Comment

• RIP Yanworth

What a fantastic horse who was never campaigned to show his greatest potential. Should have been retired earlier.

Run free, Yanny.

Comment

• Absolutely gutted for Yanworth, the boy didn't deserve that ending to his life

You wonder when is the time to let them retire, and with the exception of a p**s easy race he won at Punchestown in November '19' he barely looked in love with the game over fences in recent times. Easy to say now of course, but there were a few on here/social media that had said the same prior to his demise.

Comment

• JP doesn't have a reputation for keeping them going when they don't want to. Given that he was favourite for that last race you'd say he worked well.

Comment

• Not certain he’s dead yet
                        But croco bay
                        Looks very injured
                        Not sure running a 13 year old in summer ground round Southwell is in best interests of a horse

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                          Not certain he’s dead yet
                          But croco bay
                          Looks very injured
                          Not sure running a 13 year old in summer ground round Southwell is in best interests of a horse
                          The commentary on William Hill said it looked very bad and was expecting the worse as a result. Gutted as he’s been a brilliant horse and was still competing at 13.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                            Not certain he’s dead yet
                            But croco bay
                            Looks very injured
                            Would you rather he re-trained as a Dentist?

I wouldn't have thought running him in a festival handicap aged 12/13 would have been in his interest, so I'm glad it's left up to the connections.

Last edited by Kevloaf; 10 August 2020, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Would you rather he re-trained as a Dentist?

I wouldn't have thought running him in a festival handicap aged 12/13 would have been in his interest, so let's leave it up to the connections.
                              I did, and look what's happened

If only they'd asked my opinion.

Voice of reason.

Comment

• I agree. What was he doing running for a relatively small plot on quick ground in August at the age of 13. Surely after all he’s given connections a race like that was unnecessary. There one or two others in the race I’d say the same thing about too by the way.
                                Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Working...
                                X