Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mersey Novices Hurdle 2m 4f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mersey Novices Hurdle 2m 4f

Couldn't see a thread up for this race.

Not sure who is likely to head here but I can confirm this is the target for Western Ryder and Warren Greatrex is convinced he goes very close if ground isn't deep.
    The horse has come out of Cheltenham incredibly well where, without interference, he would have finished third in the Supreme, the horse is flying and they've always thought a 2m 4f decent ground G1 is within his abilities.

Just as a precaution, he's been given a Punchestown entry (entries closed today I think) if the rain meant very deep ground at Aintree.
    He goes in deep ground but has a turn of foot that is seen to best effect on better...

A mixed roll of winners... Finian's Oscar, Yorkhill, Nichols Canyon.... Lac Fontana, Ubak, Simonsig and Spirit Son.

This year, On The Blind Side would be of interest if he runs here...

Wasn't by design, but missed Cheltenham and that wouldn't put me off any horse at this meeting.
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 5 April 2018, 06:43 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure if this is the plan but If The Cap Fits would be interesting if he turns up here too.

Comment

Presumably OBTS can't be running looking at his current prices?

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
          Presumably OBTS can't be running looking at his current prices?
          It's the plan for him to run but 9/4 looks short enough to me.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            It's the plan for him to run but 9/4 looks short enough to me.
            Sorry I meant he wasnt running in the 3 mile novice hurdle. Didnt read the thread title properly.

Comment

Working...
            X