Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

April ap festival yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
    Summerville boy in the champ hurdle is one I like the look of, and the trainer has already stated that will be his target
    I wouldn’t be averse to this.

Comment

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
      I wouldn’t be averse to this.
      At 14/16s I agree, appears to be the target and a proven liking for the track, a good quality decent ground win would increase confidence....

Comment

Actually I wouldn’t be against that either.

Good shout MrMcGoldrick (aka Didzy)

Comment

Summerville boy in the champ hurdle is one I like the look of, and the trainer has already stated that will be his target
          Got a link to the quote anywhere?

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          At 14/16s I agree, appears to be the target and a proven liking for the track, a good quality decent ground win would increase confidence....
          Doesn't jump like a champion hurdler and relies on soft ground in my opinion at this stage....

HOWEVER....

The ground theory hasn't been tested yet...
          The jumping will improve next season, and he won in spite of it...

So I have no real issue either...

Apart from the fact Buveur D'air wins it again

Comment

Buveur D'Air's claim to be the best of the British will face a fresh challenge next season with Tom George preparing to keep Summerville Boy over the... Read More

This should be it Kev

Comment

Personally i see Topofthegame as better value at 25's and the more likely winner of the RSA at this stage. He is built for jumping fences and is a similar build to Might Bite actually possibly even a hand bigger, Santini doesn't look an overly scopey individual to my eye...

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                I see monalee a little bit like coney island this year , not totally sure which race he'll go for , being giggs , would have thought
                they'd want the g.cup , but maybe better suited to the r/air.we shall see in due course.

Monalee isn’t owned by O’Leary BC, similar silks alright but he’s owned by Barry Maloney.
                Last edited by SeanRock; 18 April 2018, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks. Not against him as a selection either then. A known target is ante post 1.01 at this stage...

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                  Personally i see Topofthegame as better value at 25's and the more likely winner of the RSA at this stage. He is built for jumping fences and is a similar build to Might Bite actually possibly even a hand bigger, Santini doesn't look an overly scopey individual to my eye...
                  Wouldn't need a heap of improvement as a chaser on his handicap 2nd at the festival so certainly an interesting contender Sean. I know he got a very good mention in the One Jump Ahead book with a view to chasing, no reason that won't be the case again.

Interesting re: Santini - Literally every comment I've heard is that he looks to be a chaser. Often pays to be against the grain but I'm struggling to agree that Santini won't be a grade 1 chaser if he's a grade 1 hurdler

Comment

My take on Topofthegame was whatever he did over hurdles was a bonus with a view to him going chasing. Take a look at his chase debut he is so big and scopey it’s ridiculous, Noel Fehily gave him a special mention in his horses to follow for this season saying “He should be a much better chaser and I’d a horse, to look at, that is hard to believe he has achieved what he did over hurdles. He is massive and should improve as he strengthens up”.

Which is all the more impressive given his form came on a ton from his novice Hurdle campaign.

Comment

So, it’s looking like something along the lines of:
                      Santini (RSA)
                      Samcro (JLT)
                      Summerville Boy (CH)
                      Identity Thief (Stayers)

I’d like to suggest getting the bet done before Punchestown, because Punchestown would offer up more options for May.

Comment

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
                        So, it’s looking like something along the lines of:
                        Santini (RSA)
                        Samcro (JLT)
                        Summerville Boy (CH)
                        Identity Thief (Stayers)

I’d like to suggest getting the bet done before Punchestown, because Punchestown would offer up more options for May.
                        That would look great if they all turned up in those races, at much lower prices, plenty time to mix n match later in the year

Comment

Betfair is the massive stand out for this at over 21,000/1 which nobody else is over. 20k

Comment

I’ve placed it before Samcro and Identity Thief run this week.

Plenty of time to get the Punchestown horses in the May and June bets.

Comment

Five days left.

Who we thinking is most likely lads? If identity thief struggles today in the Stayers, I’d say no to him personally.

Still like the Samcro JLT and Summerville Boy Champion Hurdle thlugh. Santini RSA I’m happy to let you all go for and wouldn’t be against putting in. Though I fancy next Destination for that one personally.

Be interesting to see how identity thief gets on before we finalise this months yankee

Comment

Just scrolled back through and I’m surprised footpad for the Ryanair hasn’t been mentioned at 6/1

Comment

Working...
                                X