Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

April ap festival yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Santini is 12/1 any race with Hills if anyone is interested in that. It seems a good price to me.
    Would make sense over RSA

Although I don't think there is much chance him turning up in any other race!
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 15 April 2018, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Would make sense over RSA

Although I don't think there is much chance him turning up in any other race!
      Potentially could be the Stayers hurdle if chasing doesn't go to plan. It'll most probably be the RSA though of he turns up at Cheltenham next season.

Comment

Don't know if you saw it FM but I put Identity thief up yesterday on the Aintree day 3 thread, one of 2 I backed away from the nash, the other was Stamp your feet that was pulled out, he was 20's when I backed him yesterday too

Comment

Monalee for the Ryanair

Please please please can we include him lads. Pretty please..

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
            Monalee for the Ryanair

Please please please can we include him lads. Pretty please..
            You're convinced they'll drop him back in trip then MofM ?
            His two visits to Cheltenham have been for the potato race and RSA so they clearly think stamina is his forte and he certainly wasn't stopping in his RSA and pulled well clear of the rest, his performance was just made to look ordinary by Percy.

He's a horse I like but the Ryanair is such a hard race to call ante post, if he stays then you have to assume the target will be the Gold Cup or 3m h'cap....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
              His two visits to Cheltenham have been for the potato race and RSA so they clearly think stamina is his forte and he certainly wasn't stopping in his RSA and pulled well clear of the rest, his performance was just made to look ordinary by Percy.

He's a horse I like but the Ryanair is such a hard race to call ante post, if he stays then you have to assume the target will be the Gold Cup or 3m h'cap....
              He’s far too good for a Handicap. He was beaten by penhill in the Albert Bartlett and Presenting Percy in the RSA.

He’d have won the JLT this year as his trainer wanted him dropped in trip to that race apparently but the owner had a big antepost bet for the RSA.

I think he’d be Ryanair next year.

If not him.. Burning Ambition for the Foxhunters anyone? They’ll make him stay better next year and he’ll be a year older..

Comment

I backed Monalee for the gold cup ,On monday after the festival , Surely going for gold after the R.S.A ., I agree with you Ista
                made to look ordinary by an Extraordinary Percy. Also 33-1 with coral was too tempting.

Comment

My first thought, is that 20/1 is actually fairly generous.

I like it when a horse wins at the first time at 3 miles, as the extra trip is one of the biggest genuine reasons a horse can improve IMO.

Just wondering though, was it just the step up that was the improvement, or was it also the ground?

Just looking back through his form, he's never performed well on good ground. We obviously need to "aim" toward good-to-soft as ante post punters for Cheltenham, so that is a slight concern? For example he was beaten 33L over 20f by Buveuir D'air at Aintree last year on good... whereas this year (different trip AND ground) and he looks a different horse?

All in all, 20/1 fair rather than generous?
                  I took 20/1 as soon as the race had finished.

Comment

I know FM really likes Santini for the rsa, a couple of other decent priced ones being put up too, April yankee looking like being more life changing than the first one

Comment

My two pennies on Monalee are he SHOULD run in the Ryanair and would be a huge player.

Whether his price incorporates the fact he's being aimed at the Gold CUp at the moment I am not sure, as we're hoping connections prove he isn't a Gold CUp horse before re-routing.

A little bit skinny with that being the case, for all that I think he'd have an outstanding chance.

Comment

My two pennies on Monalee are he SHOULD run in the Ryanair and would be a huge player.

Whether his price incorporates the fact he's being aimed at the Gold CUp at the moment I am not sure, as we're hoping connections prove he isn't a Gold CUp horse before re-routing.

A little bit skinny with that being the case, for all that I think he'd have an outstanding chance.
                        I see monalee a little bit like coney island this year , not totally sure which race he'll go for , being giggs , would have thought
                        they'd want the g.cup , but maybe better suited to the r/air.we shall see in due course.

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                          I see monalee a little bit like coney island this year , not totally sure which race he'll go for
                          And this is exactly my issue when considering AP yankees.
                          He could end up in the Gold Cup, 3m h'cap or Ryanair so enough questions for me not to back him.

If this was early March and his target was confirmed I'd be very very interested in the horse, but for me compiling a yankee at this stage you have to look at horses who have certain targets.
                          Just my take...

Comment

Couple of weeks to go until we decide, shall we use this as a base and swap horses in/out?

Santini - RSA (12/1)
                            Samcro - JLT (4/1)
                            Identity Thief - Stayers (14/1)
                            Carefully Selected - Albert Bartlett (20/1)

That is 20474/1 on 365 at the moment....

Unfortunately other bookies are better prices about individual horses.

Possibles....
                            Black Op - JLT
                            Annamix - Supreme
                            Monalee - Ryanair
                            Last edited by Kevloaf; 16 April 2018, 10:12 PM.

Comment

And this is exactly my issue when considering AP yankees.
                              He could end up in the Gold Cup, 3m h'cap or Ryanair so enough questions for me not to back him.

If this was early March and his target was confirmed I'd be very very interested in the horse, but for me compiling a yankee at this stage you have to look at horses who have certain targets.
                              Just my take...

That’s a fair point.

I’m of the view that some horses are that price because the uncertainty about their race. So with me fancying Monalee as a Ryanair horse and the price being decent, I would include him in one of these Yankees.

But I’d only include him once whilst his target is uncertain. Same with Samcro for the JLT for that matter. Take advantage of the price but then wait until we know where he’s going.

Santini RSA abs Identity Thief Stayers are two good choices imo. Samcro JLT and Monalee Ryanair would be my additions personally.

Couldn’t have carefully selected at all. But if he’s in, I’ll include him. I would fancy Might Bite over PP but included the latter in the march yankee just in case we all win, I’d be annoyed if I didn’t do it.

Comment

Summerville boy in the champ hurdle is one I like the look of, and the trainer has already stated that will be his target

Comment

Working...
                                X