Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2019 festival ante post yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imo Footpad couldn't have had the race run to suit him any better. PM and SC went off way to fast and cut each other's throats. Footpad was a very good winner but Altior will be a much sterner test.

What Altior did from the last fence to the line marks him down as very special for me.

Comment

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
      Dont shoot me down to quickly but i can see Footpad being one of the best 2 milers in a long time.The way it won at cheltenham in March tells me it will stay at 2 miles.But who knows what "The Mullins" is thinking?
      *Loads gun*

I think I've said this already, but I will again.... I don't think we've got PROOF yet that Footpad is a superb 2 miler. Ecery race he's won, he has won well, but there hasn't been a race where he hasn't had everything in his favour yet.

I am not saying he won't be a top class two miler, but for me the form is a little flattering so far.

Before I even considered him to be a match for Altior, I'd want to see him against Min. My thoughts on Min are well exposed on here... he's behind Altior. However, I thibk he is an excellent bar for Footpad et al to aim at for now. If Footpad is a better two miler than Min, great, let's see him take on Altior... but he has to prove that first.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        Imo Footpad couldn't have had the race run to suit him any better. PM and SC went off way to fast and cut each other's throats. Footpad was a very good winner but Altior will be a much sterner test.

What Altior did from the last fence to the line marks him down as very special for me.
        Absolutely spot on.

Footpad couldn’t have had the race work out better for him. His main two rivals went off at a record gallop that was clearly unsustainable.

I’ve not seen a horse motor up the hill as good as Altior did.

I think Altior could give footpad a 5 length head start next year in the Champion Chase and still beat him.

Comment

Given the ground was against him and he was being pushed along from halfway and to still get up and win the way it did was the mark of a great horse. I think looking to get him beat is way to the poor house, it's not impossible of course, but I think for the first yankee he has to be the pick. We can throw others in as we select more speculative types, mixed in with solid selections perhaps.

Comment

Cheltenham 2019 Bring it on

Comment

So can we say the first yankee is
              Altior QM
              BVD Champ hurdle
              Presenting Percy Gold cup
              Penhill stayers

Looks like a decent place to start to me, I'm going ahead with that to get the ball rolling, I know 3 from 4 would have to repeat this years victory, but at this stage they are the most likely to turn up and perform. This gives us a month to debate the next one, and we may have more to go on by then as the spring festivals progress

Comment

Will start Aprils off with Annamix as most on here was gutted (and me) she didnt make it to the 2018 fest.And we know Mr Mullins likes to win the 1st race on the 1st day.

Comment

Hopefully after Laurina wins today we get an idea of where she goes next season.
                  HA!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                    Altior QM
                    BVD Champ hurdle
                    Presenting Percy Gold cup
                    Penhill stayers

Looks like a decent place to start to me, I'm going ahead with that to get the ball rolling, I know 3 from 4 would have to repeat this years victory, but at this stage they are the most likely to turn up and perform. This gives us a month to debate the next one, and we may have more to go on by then as the spring festivals progress
                    Might be worth creating separate threads for each yankee as they're created, there's a chance this thread could get 25 pages long with a dozen yankees and they'll get lost

Comment

Altior QM 7/4
                      BVD Champ hurdle 7/2
                      Presenting Percy Gold cup 6/1
                      Penhill stayers 5/1
                      Couldn't resist....

Comment

Best priced at William Hill and Bet365

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                          Couldn't resist....
                          Looks like a nice bet right now, and what else can we go on

Comment

I’ve taken a punt on an e/w treble on...

Mares Novice: DDC
                            RSA: Topofthegame
                            AB: Carefully Selected

Would probably add Pennhill stayers for a Yankee the treble pays over 20,000/1

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                              I’ve taken a punt on an e/w treble on...

Mares Novice: DDC
                              RSA: Topofthegame
                              AB: Carefully Selected

Would probably add Pennhill stayers for a Yankee the treble pays over 20,000/1
                              Carefully selected has cropped up before, stick it in the April yankee thread sean, nearly a month to discuss

Comment

Carefully selected has cropped up before, stick it in the April yankee thread sean, nearly a month to discuss
                                Will do! Was possibly me banging the CS drum here’s what Willie had to say on him before his run in the Champion Bumper.

"I have to give him a crack at a winners' bumper rather than go hurdling now and chasing next year," Mullins said of Carefully Selected.
                                "He could be an Albert Bartlett horse for next year. That's the sort of road I'd be aiming at.

"There were a lot of fancied horses there and he made them look ordinary. He gallops all day and he's not the slowest horse either."

Comment

Working...
                                X