Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Aintree Foxhunters chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aintree Foxhunters chase

So Burning Ambition favourite for another foxhunter, what do we think, stats only bad for winners coming here right?

I watched last year's Aintree foxhunter earlier and Balnaslow ran an interesting race. Held up off the pace, he made steady progress from around 4 out and stayed on after the last to finish second. If I knew this was the target id be all over the 10/1 ew.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      I watched last year's Aintree foxhunter earlier and Balnaslow ran an interesting race. Held up off the pace, he made steady progress from around 4 out and stayed on after the last to finish second. If I knew this was the target id be all over the 10/1 ew.
      Sounds like one for the Aintree yankee FM

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        It must be the target after last years run, and this year's Cheltenham won't have put them off?

No reason to save him for anything else?

Comment

If the ground comes up decent, I will be giving Wonderful Charm another chance myself. Absolutely hated it at Chelts, never travelled at any point and was pulled up without having a particularly hard race... PN was very bullish about him until the rain came.

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
            If the ground comes up decent, I will be giving Wonderful Charm another chance myself. Absolutely hated it at Chelts, never travelled at any point and was pulled up without having a particularly hard race... PN was very bullish about him until the rain came.
            He was really bullish, I'd forgotten that, didn't he say at one point he thought it was his best chance of a winner, wonder if he still thinks that for Aintree

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
              He was really bullish, I'd forgotten that, didn't he say at one point he thought it was his best chance of a winner, wonder if he still thinks that for Aintree
              Yes he said best chance of the week a few times, but that the horse has to have good ground.

Comment

He won't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfish View Post
                  He won't get it.
                  Not looking likely is it, this bloody weather goes on and on

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                    Not looking likely is it, this bloody weather goes on and on
                    It looks like rain and showers on top of the current going at Aintree which must surely be heavy right now. It does look to be brightening up in the period leading up to the meeting though. I doubt that it will ride at the exteme end of heavy but about 4.8 to 5.0 turftrax measure. Not the usual going at all.

Comment

If Pacha Du Polder runs. I'm on.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                        Thanks for that archie. It's Caid du Berlais for me then.

Comment

Not feeling the love for Burning Ambition, big shout if he turns up surely

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                            Yes he said best chance of the week a few times, but that the horse has to have good ground.
                            Once the deluge of the next few days has gone it looks dry and warming up so I wouldn't completely dismiss decent ground for Aintree...

Comment

Working...
                            X