Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Topham 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Topham 2018

Evening all

I've got my eyes on Art Mauresque for this, don't suppose anyone has any concrete info on whether its the plan have they? Its his only entry, so pretty hopeful.

He's still only 8, but has had loads of experience and is generally a pretty sound jumper (albeit he can jump slightly left which shouldn't be a big issue here). Has slipped back down to a mark of 148 which is 2lb lower than when he ran a very good race behind Waiting Patiently at Kempton.

Whilst he has got a bit on to reverse form with Master Dee after their last run, he looked the winner 2 out and didnt seem to get home over 3m, whereas the test of stamina really suited Master Dee. The step back to 2m5f should be perfect, and he's 7lb better off so I personally fancy him quite strongly to reverse the placings. Master Dee is the current fav at 12/1.

20/1 looks more than fair.

This is another of my favourite races.

He's on my shortlist CCM. I haven't heard anything but imagine it's the target.

Go Conquer is another who I like for this. He was 15lb lower in the weights last season when he was all but taken out of the race at the Canal Turn. He was in a nice rhythm last season up to that point and I'm still keen on his chances off a mark of 150. His run at Ascot lto was eye catching and Jonjo has a decent record over the national fences.

0.5pt ew 25/1
    Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 28 March 2018, 06:17 PM.

Comment

I am hoping Go Conquer runs on the Saturday....but fear he does come here.

Am on Sametegal myself

Comment

I was looking at Theatre territory, half sister to Master dee, third to him earlier in the season, 6lb better off in this. Also ran well behind Mr Whitaker, and ran Ms Parfois to within a length, if the ground has plenty of juice she should run a big race

Comment

Another to throw into the mix is Ultragold. He's only rated 5lb higher than when winning this race last season, when he was 7 lengths clear of the 3rd. He's won on all types of ground which is also a help with such an unsettled forecast.

There have been multiple winners of this race in the past and it wouldn't surprise me if he went in again.

1pt ew 30/1 - price boosted by Ladbrokes.

Comment

Working...
          X