Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Melling Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I have a feeling we may have done our money on Altior
    Looks that way

Part of me expected it... knew the risk ... but its quite staggering the conflict in statements within 24 hours?

Comment

Maybe Hendo wants him to go back out to 2/1!

Comment

10pts on the 2/1 for myself as well. Very annoying. No correlation between the 2 pieces...makes you question if the ATR piece had any substance to it whatsoever and wasn't just fabricated from nothing?

But yes, can't really complain. The price was there purely on the assumption he wasn't going to run, so it was always a risk.

Even putting my bet aside though, I would have been much more interested to see him run here rather than Sandown so it's a big shame

Comment

Surprised with the Altior punt bearing in mind he only had an entry for Punchestown??
          Just an observation.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
            Surprised with the Altior punt bearing in mind he only had an entry for Punchestown??
            Just an observation.
            I don't think Nicky intends to send him to Punch. It's either Aintree or Sandown but sounds like Sandown much more likely.

Comment

Min and Altior both entered.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                Min and Altior both entered.
                I'd love a rematch

If you could call it a match

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  I'd love a rematch

If you could call it a match
                  Altior would win if he ran. But would be long odds on that he dosent go here.

Diddnt know this thread was here but min at 12/1 yesterday is my only bet of the Aintree meeting. Into 7/2 now and mullins only entry. Risks attached obviously but followed pp in when they cut from 12/1 to 4/1 for this and pushed all the other mullins runners out markedly. Which was justified at confirmations today.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                    10pts on the 2/1 for myself as well. Very annoying. No correlation between the 2 pieces...makes you question if the ATR piece had any substance to it whatsoever and wasn't just fabricated from nothing?

But yes, can't really complain. The price was there purely on the assumption he wasn't going to run, so it was always a risk.

Even putting my bet aside though, I would have been much more interested to see him run here rather than Sandown so it's a big shame
                    The atr stable tour already contradicted itself with the lami serge part of the tour. Which made it look unlikely to my eye that altior or top notch would go here.

Comment

Patrick Mullins was on Talksport2 yesterday. When asked on whether Douvan and Min would clash at Punchestown, (Aintree wasn't mentioned by Emmet) along the lines of

Well Aintree is there as well, there's a race at Aintree so we'll have to see how they go this week but they clashed at Cheltenham so they could do again. But no decision yet.

Comment

Mullins said: “Douvan is good. He seems fine since Cheltenham and we are training him towards Punchestown and the BoyleSports Champion Chase.

"Min is entered at Aintree but could still run at Punchestown and Great Field has pleased me since Navan and would be under consideration for that race also. I was very happy with his effort at Navan on his first run of the season.

“Un De Sceaux won nicely at Fairyhouse and the plan would be for him to go to the Champion Chase as well. He hasn’t done much since Fairyhouse but he’s made of iron and we are looking forward to it.”

He added: “The horses that have run at Cheltenham and at Fairyhouse appear to have come out of their races fine and we are looking forward to being well represented at Punchestown.”

I'd take that as positive to mins chances of running in the melling chase

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                          Mullins said: “Douvan is good. He seems fine since Cheltenham and we are training him towards Punchestown and the BoyleSports Champion Chase.

"Min is entered at Aintree but could still run at Punchestown and Great Field has pleased me since Navan and would be under consideration for that race also. I was very happy with his effort at Navan on his first run of the season.

“Un De Sceaux won nicely at Fairyhouse and the plan would be for him to go to the Champion Chase as well. He hasn’t done much since Fairyhouse but he’s made of iron and we are looking forward to it.”

He added: “The horses that have run at Cheltenham and at Fairyhouse appear to have come out of their races fine and we are looking forward to being well represented at Punchestown.”

I'd take that as positive to mins chances of running in the melling chase
                          The price suggests it but i'd say it's almost certain now based on those comments. Nicely done Scooby on picking him out at 12/1

Comment

6 declared.
                            MIN is in.
                            Should win imo. Balko des flos over rated for beating uds

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                              6 declared.
                              MIN is in.
                              Should win imo. Balko des flos over rated for beating uds
                              Min over rated on getting beaten by Altior. Min has been over rated his whole career so far, although that doesn't mean I don't think he's good... it just means people have been under estimating Altior

Can't go wrong at 12/1 but I think Min is a poor fav as he's not proven at the trip yet.

I'd definitely prefer to back Balko Des Flos than Min at their current prices.
                              Last edited by Kevloaf; 11 April 2018, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Min over rated on getting beaten by Altior. Min has been over rated his whole career so far, although that doesn't mean I don't think he's good... it just means people have been under estimating Altior

Can't go wrong at 12/1 but I think Min is a poor fav as he's not proven at the trip yet.

I'd definitely prefer to back Balko Des Flos than Min at their current prices.
                                Look at balko des flos form over this trip prior to him winning the Ryanair. Min isn't over rated imo. Ran 2nd in one of the best Supreme novices of all time. Altior winning the arkle and qmcc buveur dair 2 x CH winner. It's about time min runs up a sequence himself without altior to beat. It's hard for me to split balko des flos and politologue that's why I diddnt bother covering either when balko was confirmed a few days ago and 6/1. I believe mins clear of these and shouldn't be odds against, Tactics will be interesting but politologue needs making use of so shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X