Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Melling Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Mares Hurdles
    Ryanair

Grade 1's in name only at Cheltenham then?
    Ryanair, Mares??? the winners, 2nd, of those races would have been the stars of this 2nd rate festival. That says it all.
    So you love the place, great, but don't let sentiment cloud your judgement.

Comment

Doc is always right, I've learnt that now.....

Although, I'm sure Midnight Tour wouldn't be the star of Aintree.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
        I see Waiting Patiently is out of this 2nd rate festival. That'll teach them to bottle out of "The olympics of racing" when the ground was perfect for the horse. Rather you than me owners.
        You've really taken this hard haven't you!

Comment

Altior going for the Melling Chase according NJH in ATR stable tour . 2/1 available
          Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 5 April 2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            Altior going for the Melling Chase according NJH in ATR stable tour . 2/1 available
            Mega.

The plan for Altior is the JLT Melling Chase and we still have the option of Sandown. Aintree would be the perfect place to step him up to two and a half miles for the first time and I am rather looking forward to it and would like to step him up. He has put up two copybook performances in both his starts this season and let’s hope he can continue doing that.

He is going to absolutely hack up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Mega.

The plan for Altior is the JLT Melling Chase and we still have the option of Sandown. Aintree would be the perfect place to step him up to two and a half miles for the first time and I am rather looking forward to it and would like to step him up. He has put up two copybook performances in both his starts this season and let’s hope he can continue doing that.

He is going to absolutely hack up.
              I couldn't resist the 2/1 and I'll be tempted to go on the Friday if he turns up.

The Mildmay course is Good to soft, soft in places which would be perfect.

Comment

I couldn't resist the 2/1 and I'll be tempted to go on the Friday if he turns up.

The Mildmay course is Good to soft, soft in places which would be perfect.
                I couldn't either. Was texting everyone I know (that'd be interested!)

The ante post risk of him not turning up is not factored in to that price, considering it is the target.

WIll be my biggest "single" of the season without a doubt.

Comment

5U on at 2/1

If it holds a little longer I’ve a decent chunk of money I’m
                  Owed being repaid the day before this race and I’ll be going in again on anything over evens

Made a big case in the CC thread that I think he will be better over 2.5 and I plan on putting my money where my mouth is

Comment

Smashed - best priced Evens. Thanks for flagging FM managed 2.5 points at 2/1. Would have had more but couldn't understand why the price hadn't been cut anywhere, despite the Henderson info coming out early eve. Is is because the bookies risk team don't work evenings?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                      Smashed - best priced Evens. Thanks for flagging FM managed 2.5 points at 2/1. Would have had more but couldn't understand why the price hadn't been cut anywhere, despite the Henderson info coming out early eve. Is is because the bookies risk team don't work evenings?
                      I had a decent bet but also had a feeling that the price was too good to be true so didn't make it a max bet. He's surely a 1/2 shot at best if he turns up.

Comment

What time does the Hendo unibet blog come out?

Comment

Usually around 4 o'clock Kev

Comment

Usually around 4 o'clock Kev
                            Hopefully backs up yesterday's comments.

I had 10 pts on
                            And a treble with BVD and MB at 6.07/1

Comment

Some cracking entries for Thursday.

Burning Ambition taken out of Foxhunters and some firms allow to react if you want the bigger prices on others

Comment

I have a feeling we may have done our money on Altior

Comment

Working...
                                X