Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Sky Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I think the PP offer of 5x £10 bets (£50 stake) for a £10 free bet is also worth people thinking about if they're going to do similar. £15 a week adds up quite quickly ....over a year....

As a general rule - any "free bet" I get goes on Cheltenham.

I would always punt more than £75 a weekend on the Saturday action so I tend to find I do it without thinking although often forget to use PP

A couple of my friends go for life changing acca's and while I wish them good luck ... I would always try to imagine it was "real" money and if I wouldn't place a real £5, £10 or whatever on the "acca"... I wouldn't put a free bet on it....

That said, I do also use them on horses where the price is only good because of the chance of another race.

An example would be Douvan at 25/1 in the Gold Cup with Sky.
    NO CHANCE he'd be a 25/1 shot....
    NO CHANCE I'd put any money on it at this stage regardless of the price.
    Coral do an offer for bet £25 online and you get a fiver online freebet and a fiver in shop freebet

Comment

Hi MoM,

Is that a new promotion from Coral?
      I’d never noticed that before but it’s definitely one to consider.

Al.

Comment

My £5 free just went on Santini RSA 16/1.

Two so far have gone on Douvan 25/1 Gold Cup

Two have gone on Laurina, Altior, Samcro 25/1 any race

(I've got more than one Sky account - although from now on will only be using one because of the relative effort and I'm actually going to change my staking plan after the GN I think)

Comment

Originally posted by Brital View Post
          Hi MoM,

Is that a new promotion from Coral?
          I’d never noticed that before but it’s definitely one to consider.

Al.
          Hi,

I’m not sure how long it’s been going tbh. You have to opt in to it and bets only qualify if placed between Monday and Thursday. Free bet is credited on Friday to be used over that weekend but the bet can be on something antepost.

Comment

My £5 free just went on Santini RSA 16/1.

Two so far have gone on Douvan 25/1 Gold Cup

Two have gone on Laurina, Altior, Samcro 25/1 any race

(I've got more than one Sky account - although from now on will only be using one because of the relative effort and I'm actually going to change my staking plan after the GN I think)
            I look forward to the write up of the new staking plan kev

Comment

Week 3 Free Bet has been placed. Altior, Laurina and Samcro to win any race at the festival at 25/1.

So far:
              Week 1 - Canadian: Next Destination (RSA) 12/1, Altior (CC) 6/4, Samcro (JLT) 4/1, Monalee (Ryanair) 14/1, Might Bite (GC) 6/1
              Week 2 - Gold Present (Grand National) 22/1 e/w
              Week 3 - Altior, Laurina and Samcro to win any race at the 2019 Festival - 25/1

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                I look forward to the write up of the new staking plan kev
                Was too busy

Will be next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                  Week 3 Free Bet has been placed. Altior, Laurina and Samcro to win any race at the festival at 25/1.
                  That actually seems a pretty fair price to me MoM, even if it's not a free bet. I would have expected a shorter price by quite a bit.

For me there are 16 possible outcomes for the 3 horses targets (technically more but i'm happy to discount Laurina going RSA and Altior going anywhere bar the Champion Chase)

Altior
                  Champion Chase 6/4

Samcro
                  Champion Hurdle 7/1
                  Arkle 7/1
                  JLT 4/1
                  RSA 10/1

Laurina
                  Champion Hurdle 10/1
                  Arkle 10/1
                  JLT 20/1
                  Mares Hurdle 3/1

The early prices suggest, and the shortest combinations would be Altior CC, Samcro going JLT and Laurina Mares which comes in at 49/1.
                  So double the odds of the special. And plenty of other likely combinations, say Laurina CH and Samcro Arkle would come in much bigger (219/1).

But I'm happy to take the reduced price and bar injuries be able to sit back and not worry too much on the targets through the winter (both will be up in the air throughout). Obviously there is a slight risk that Samcro and Laurina could line up against eachother but that's very unlikely outcome for me.

Have had the max allowed bet on this.

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                    That actually seems a pretty fair price to me MoM, even if it's not a free bet. I would have expected a shorter price by quite a bit.

For me there are 16 possible outcomes for the 3 horses targets (technically more but i'm happy to discount Laurina going RSA and Altior going anywhere bar the Champion Chase)

Altior
                    Champion Chase 6/4

Samcro
                    Champion Hurdle 7/1
                    Arkle 7/1
                    JLT 4/1
                    RSA 10/1

Laurina
                    Champion Hurdle 10/1
                    Arkle 10/1
                    JLT 20/1
                    Mares Hurdle 3/1

The early prices suggest, and the shortest combinations would be Altior CC, Samcro going JLT and Laurina Mares which comes in at 49/1.
                    So double the odds of the special. And plenty of other likely combinations, say Laurina CH and Samcro Arkle would come in much bigger (219/1).

But I'm happy to take the reduced price and bar injuries be able to sit back and not worry too much on the targets through the winter (both will be up in the air throughout). Obviously there is a slight risk that Samcro and Laurina could line up against eachother but that's very unlikely outcome for me.

Have had the max allowed bet on this.
                    I don’t tend to get involved on the request a bets but I was having a look through today for the Cheltenham 2019 ones. Glad I did as I’ll be using my free bets and some cash on this for as long as it stays above 16/1.

25s is huge in my opinion. I would’ve expecting skybet to offer between 8/1 and 12/1. The ‘any race’ bit is the crucial bit as it avoids the confusion of who runs where.

Comment

Any Race - Samcro, Laurina, Altior 25/1

I think the any race part is the appeal as you've mentioned.

With the free bets you could actually start using them on the actual combinations but it is a bit lugubrious!

Also priced at 25/1 in the same section is Douvan to win the stayers hurdle. Stupid price. I wouldn't back that at 250/1

Comment

Any Race - Samcro, Laurina, Altior 25/1

I think the any race part is the appeal as you've mentioned.

With the free bets you could actually start using them on the actual combinations but it is a bit lugubrious!

Also priced at 25/1 in the same section is Douvan to win the stayers hurdle. Stupid price. I wouldn't back that at 250/1
                        Yep it’s the any race part that appeals.

I feel if they all turn up fit in separate races, that trebles would be five times shorter. I think 25s is huge tbh Kev.

The Douvan Stayers odds made me question what do I know about the sport. I couldn’t envisage in any way whatsoever Douvan being a 3m hurdler next season. And yet someone’s requested that price. He could go Champion Chase, Ryanair, Gold Cup or Champion Hurdle. But surely he won’t go to the Stayers? I

Comment

Just jumped on this as well

Comment

Yes, I have treated myself to a small interest too.
                            I quite liked the 7/1 Tiger Roll to defend his cross country crown, can’t imagine they’ll take him anywhere else and the only dangers that he doesn’t turn up are injury and winning the National and immediate retirement !
                            Last edited by Istabraq; 3 April 2018, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Couldn’t resist a small nibble at the Percy, Footpad, Penhill and Samcro any race acca at 200/1.
                              They may choose to avoid an Altior clash with Footpad and tackle the JLT and the others have more than shown their crudentials.
                              Speculative but 200/1 I’m happy taking a flyer...

Comment

This week’s free fiver has to go on the 25/1 Samcro, Laurina, Altior treble, but I’m hoping the 200/1 Accra mentioned above by Istabraq is still available next week, as that’s where that free bet will be going.

Comment

Working...
                                X