Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky Bets

Quote Originally Posted by Brital View Post
    Hi Istabraq, that’s a decent shout - what were your odds for that treble?
    6/4, 5/2 and 6/1, which doesn't represent huge value but it's a free bet and a few fivers in it becomes a nice interest...

MoM, Iíd be careful using your free bets for e/w plays.
    For example, I presume youíve done £2.50 ew so if GP places, then at a quarter odds youíre getting 5.5 but you donít get your stake back, plus I believe they take the rest of the £5 free bet (another £2.50) off your winnings so that will knock that back down by another point.

I very rarely use FB for e/w stakes, but will be happy to hear if Iíve got that wrong.
    Anyone who knows me from The Racing Forum, would know I was all over One For Arthur in the National last year and was backing him pretty much all season. But I really donít fancy anything this year but as itís the national, I feel obliged to at least have an interest. So I thought a few quid each way on Gold Present and Bellshill (the latter Iíll bet if he runs), will do me. I thought Iíd start off by using that free bet and Iíll probably do the same next week. At least then my interest isnt costing me my own money (as silly as that sounds for a few quid).

So Iíve used a few free bets on Gold Present this week (one of which was that skybet fiver). Your point about the each way is a good one but I didnít think about it. Tbh I rarely bet each way but Iíd take an each way return this year. Not seen a National as wide open as it is this year. Itís a stark contrast to last year as I fancied OFA more than any horse in my life.

I used my free bets from November onwards on multiples for Cheltenham this year. Many were trixies if Altior, Samcro and apples Shakira. That tactic nearly worked but I like the idea mentioned of varying it up. A few doubles, some Yankees, the any race market etc. If I can use 35 Free skybet fivers over the course of the year on Cheltenham 2019, thatíll do me nicely.

Exactly MOM.
    I have Kev to thank for my free bets, always used to get them and not use them, didn’t consider fivers to be worthwhile but I realised if I found a nice 16/1 or thereabouts bet and kept pressing the same bet for a few weeks it became a nice interest...

Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    Exactly MOM.
    I have Kev to thank for my free bets, always used to get them and not use them, didn’t consider fivers to be worthwhile but I realised if I found a nice 16/1 or thereabouts bet and kept pressing the same bet for a few weeks it became a nice interest...
    I think the PP offer of 5x £10 bets (£50 stake) for a £10 free bet is also worth people thinking about if they're going to do similar. £15 a week adds up quite quickly ....over a year....

As a general rule - any "free bet" I get goes on Cheltenham.

I would always punt more than £75 a weekend on the Saturday action so I tend to find I do it without thinking although often forget to use PP

A couple of my friends go for life changing acca's and while I wish them good luck ... I would always try to imagine it was "real" money and if I wouldn't place a real £5, £10 or whatever on the "acca"... I wouldn't put a free bet on it....

That said, I do also use them on horses where the price is only good because of the chance of another race.

An example would be Douvan at 25/1 in the Gold Cup with Sky.
    NO CHANCE he'd be a 25/1 shot....
    NO CHANCE I'd put any money on it at this stage regardless of the price.
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 03-28-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I think the PP offer of 5x £10 bets (£50 stake) for a £10 free bet is also worth people thinking about if they're going to do similar. £15 a week adds up quite quickly ....over a year....
    Handy if you haven't had your account shut down/restricted to pitiful levels...

As a general rule - any "free bet" I get goes on Cheltenham.

I would always punt more than £75 a weekend on the Saturday action so I tend to find I do it without thinking although often forget to use PP

A couple of my friends go for life changing acca's and while I wish them good luck ... I would always try to imagine it was "real" money and if I wouldn't place a real £5, £10 or whatever on the "acca"... I wouldn't put a free bet on it....

That said, I do also use them on horses where the price is only good because of the chance of another race.

An example would be Douvan at 25/1 in the Gold Cup with Sky.
    NO CHANCE he'd be a 25/1 shot....
    NO CHANCE I'd put any money on it at this stage regardless of the price.
    Coral do an offer for bet £25 online and you get a fiver online freebet and a fiver in shop freebet

3lb Claimer
    Hi MoM,

Is that a new promotion from Coral?
    I’d never noticed that before but it’s definitely one to consider.

Al.

My £5 free just went on Santini RSA 16/1.

Two so far have gone on Douvan 25/1 Gold Cup

Two have gone on Laurina, Altior, Samcro 25/1 any race

(I've got more than one Sky account - although from now on will only be using one because of the relative effort and I'm actually going to change my staking plan after the GN I think)

Hi MoM,

Is that a new promotion from Coral?
    I’d never noticed that before but it’s definitely one to consider.

Al.
    Hi,

I’m not sure how long it’s been going tbh. You have to opt in to it and bets only qualify if placed between Monday and Thursday. Free bet is credited on Friday to be used over that weekend but the bet can be on something antepost.

Top Amateur
    My £5 free just went on Santini RSA 16/1.

Two so far have gone on Douvan 25/1 Gold Cup

Two have gone on Laurina, Altior, Samcro 25/1 any race

(I've got more than one Sky account - although from now on will only be using one because of the relative effort and I'm actually going to change my staking plan after the GN I think)
    I look forward to the write up of the new staking plan kev