Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Sky Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Bets

A number of us appear to have Sky accounts and the Cheltenham forum Yankees are popular presumably because we enjoy the thought of us all winning together.

I thought we might enjoy a Sky thread where each week we post the best value horses for next years Cheltenham at the odds Sky are offering?

It would also have the added bonus of helping to maintain traffic during the quieter flat months.

As a starter for ten.

Road to Respect is 25/1 for the Gold Cup. I thought he ran creditably on ground that was too easy for him and with hopefully firmer going next year would come into the equation.

Brital - Sky were doing a number of festival enhancements from a fair way out, worth tracking these as they appear.
    They also went NRNB first I think, at least on champs races...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
      Brital - Sky were doing a number of festival enhancements from a fair way out, worth tracking these as they appear.
      They also went NRNB first I think, at least on champs races...
      I’m pretty sure they were NRNB on the Supreme around Christmas as well.

Comment

Anybody have an indication as to what race douvan will be aimed at for next years festival??surely gold cup now..25s cud be gud price with pp...

Comment

I don't know of anything Weldo. I've pencilled him in for the Gold Cup though. When WM talks of Footpad as a future Gold Cup contender and going up in distance I think thats for 2020. IMO Douvan is still the best Chaser and was travelling better than anything I saw running at the Festival this year. He needs to be going at a slower pace though and he's bred to stay. I believe that now is the right time for him to be tried at 3M + to see if he's a contender. If he stays he wins I reckon.

Comment

Reading several threads the 2 horses receiving a degree of attention are Douvan and Balko des Flos both for the Gold Cup and both 25/1.

I like the BdF suggestion but unfortunately he’s only 20/1 with Sky so this week’s Monday free bet will go on RTR.

Week 1: Gold Cup - Road to Respect 25/1.

Week 2 shout outs start now and I promise not to select one of my own this week

Comment

Altior, Buveur D’Air, Presenting Percy trebles for the free fivers for me...

Comment

Good idea for a thread this. I’ll update as I’m going along each week on what I use the free bet on. Some weeks I won’t qualify for it as I don’t always bet with skybet. Most weeks I qualify and stick them on multiples for Cheltenham but occasionally I top up bets for the Grand National, Royal Ascot or Epsom.

So far:
                Week 1 - Canadian: Next Destination (RSA) 12/1, Altior (CC) 6/4, Samcro (JLT) 4/1, Monalee (Ryanair) 14/1, Might Bite (GC) 6/1
                Week 2 - Gold Present (Grand National) 22/1 e/w

Comment

Altior, Buveur D’Air, Presenting Percy trebles for the free fivers for me...
                  Hi Istabraq, that’s a decent shout - what were your odds for that treble?

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                    Good idea for a thread this. I’ll update as I’m going along each week on what I use the free bet on. Some weeks I won’t qualify for it as I don’t always bet with skybet. Most weeks I qualify and stick them on multiples for Cheltenham but occasionally I top up bets for the Grand National, Royal Ascot or Epsom.

So far:
                    Week 1 - Canadian: Next Destination (RSA) 12/1, Altior (CC) 6/4, Samcro (JLT) 4/1, Monalee (Ryanair) 14/1, Might Bite (GC) 6/1
                    Week 2 - Gold Present (Grand National) 22/1 e/w
                    MoM, I’d be careful using your free bets for e/w plays.
                    For example, I presume you’ve done £2.50 ew so if GP places, then at a quarter odds you’re getting 5.5 but you don’t get your stake back, plus I believe they take the rest of the £5 free bet (another £2.50) off your winnings so that will knock that back down by another point.

I very rarely use FB for e/w stakes, but will be happy to hear if I’ve got that wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Brital View Post
                      Hi Istabraq, that’s a decent shout - what were your odds for that treble?
                      6/4, 5/2 and 6/1, which doesn't represent huge value but it's a free bet and a few fivers in it becomes a nice interest...

Comment

Originally posted by Brital View Post
                        MoM, I’d be careful using your free bets for e/w plays.
                        For example, I presume you’ve done £2.50 ew so if GP places, then at a quarter odds you’re getting 5.5 but you don’t get your stake back, plus I believe they take the rest of the £5 free bet (another £2.50) off your winnings so that will knock that back down by another point.

I very rarely use FB for e/w stakes, but will be happy to hear if I’ve got that wrong.
                        Anyone who knows me from The Racing Forum, would know I was all over One For Arthur in the National last year and was backing him pretty much all season. But I really don’t fancy anything this year but as it’s the national, I feel obliged to at least have an interest. So I thought a few quid each way on Gold Present and Bellshill (the latter I’ll bet if he runs), will do me. I thought I’d start off by using that free bet and I’ll probably do the same next week. At least then my interest isnt costing me my own money (as silly as that sounds for a few quid).

So I’ve used a few free bets on Gold Present this week (one of which was that skybet fiver). Your point about the each way is a good one but I didn’t think about it. Tbh I rarely bet each way but I’d take an each way return this year. Not seen a National as wide open as it is this year. It’s a stark contrast to last year as I fancied OFA more than any horse in my life.

I used my free bets from November onwards on multiples for Cheltenham this year. Many were trixies if Altior, Samcro and apples Shakira. That tactic nearly worked but I like the idea mentioned of varying it up. A few doubles, some Yankees, the any race market etc. If I can use 35 Free skybet fivers over the course of the year on Cheltenham 2019, that’ll do me nicely.

Comment

Exactly MOM.
                          I have Kev to thank for my free bets, always used to get them and not use them, didn’t consider fivers to be worthwhile but I realised if I found a nice 16/1 or thereabouts bet and kept pressing the same bet for a few weeks it became a nice interest...

Comment

Exactly MOM.
                            I have Kev to thank for my free bets, always used to get them and not use them, didn’t consider fivers to be worthwhile but I realised if I found a nice 16/1 or thereabouts bet and kept pressing the same bet for a few weeks it became a nice interest...
                            I think the PP offer of 5x £10 bets (£50 stake) for a £10 free bet is also worth people thinking about if they're going to do similar. £15 a week adds up quite quickly ....over a year....

As a general rule - any "free bet" I get goes on Cheltenham.

I would always punt more than £75 a weekend on the Saturday action so I tend to find I do it without thinking although often forget to use PP

A couple of my friends go for life changing acca's and while I wish them good luck ... I would always try to imagine it was "real" money and if I wouldn't place a real £5, £10 or whatever on the "acca"... I wouldn't put a free bet on it....

That said, I do also use them on horses where the price is only good because of the chance of another race.

An example would be Douvan at 25/1 in the Gold Cup with Sky.
                            NO CHANCE he'd be a 25/1 shot....
                            NO CHANCE I'd put any money on it at this stage regardless of the price.
                            Last edited by Kevloaf; 28 March 2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              I think the PP offer of 5x £10 bets (£50 stake) for a £10 free bet is also worth people thinking about if they're going to do similar. £15 a week adds up quite quickly ....over a year....
                              Handy if you haven't had your account shut down/restricted to pitiful levels...

Comment

Working...
                              X