Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky Bets

3lb Claimer

Sky Bets

A number of us appear to have Sky accounts and the Cheltenham forum Yankees are popular presumably because we enjoy the thought of us all winning together.

I thought we might enjoy a Sky thread where each week we post the best value horses for next years Cheltenham at the odds Sky are offering?

It would also have the added bonus of helping to maintain traffic during the quieter flat months.

As a starter for ten.

Road to Respect is 25/1 for the Gold Cup. I thought he ran creditably on ground that was too easy for him and with hopefully firmer going next year would come into the equation.

Brital - Sky were doing a number of festival enhancements from a fair way out, worth tracking these as they appear.
    They also went NRNB first I think, at least on champs races...

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    Brital - Sky were doing a number of festival enhancements from a fair way out, worth tracking these as they appear.
    They also went NRNB first I think, at least on champs races...
    I’m pretty sure they were NRNB on the Supreme around Christmas as well.

Anybody have an indication as to what race douvan will be aimed at for next years festival??surely gold cup now..25s cud be gud price with pp...

3lb Claimer
    I don't know of anything Weldo. I've pencilled him in for the Gold Cup though. When WM talks of Footpad as a future Gold Cup contender and going up in distance I think thats for 2020. IMO Douvan is still the best Chaser and was travelling better than anything I saw running at the Festival this year. He needs to be going at a slower pace though and he's bred to stay. I believe that now is the right time for him to be tried at 3M + to see if he's a contender. If he stays he wins I reckon.

3lb Claimer
    Reading several threads the 2 horses receiving a degree of attention are Douvan and Balko des Flos both for the Gold Cup and both 25/1.

I like the BdF suggestion but unfortunately he’s only 20/1 with Sky so this week’s Monday free bet will go on RTR.

Week 1: Gold Cup - Road to Respect 25/1.

Week 2 shout outs start now and I promise not to select one of my own this week

Altior, Buveur D’Air, Presenting Percy trebles for the free fivers for me...

Good idea for a thread this. I’ll update as I’m going along each week on what I use the free bet on. Some weeks I won’t qualify for it as I don’t always bet with skybet. Most weeks I qualify and stick them on multiples for Cheltenham but occasionally I top up bets for the Grand National, Royal Ascot or Epsom.

So far:
    Week 1 - Canadian: Next Destination (RSA) 12/1, Altior (CC) 6/4, Samcro (JLT) 4/1, Monalee (Ryanair) 14/1, Might Bite (GC) 6/1
    Week 2 - Gold Present (Grand National) 22/1 e/w

3lb Claimer
    Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    Altior, Buveur D’Air, Presenting Percy trebles for the free fivers for me...
    Hi Istabraq, that’s a decent shout - what were your odds for that treble?

3lb Claimer
    Quote Originally Posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
    Good idea for a thread this. I’ll update as I’m going along each week on what I use the free bet on. Some weeks I won’t qualify for it as I don’t always bet with skybet. Most weeks I qualify and stick them on multiples for Cheltenham but occasionally I top up bets for the Grand National, Royal Ascot or Epsom.

So far:
    Week 1 - Canadian: Next Destination (RSA) 12/1, Altior (CC) 6/4, Samcro (JLT) 4/1, Monalee (Ryanair) 14/1, Might Bite (GC) 6/1
    Week 2 - Gold Present (Grand National) 22/1 e/w
    MoM, I’d be careful using your free bets for e/w plays.
    For example, I presume you’ve done 2.50 ew so if GP places, then at a quarter odds you’re getting 5.5 but you don’t get your stake back, plus I believe they take the rest of the 5 free bet (another 2.50) off your winnings so that will knock that back down by another point.

I very rarely use FB for e/w stakes, but will be happy to hear if I’ve got that wrong.