Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Sky Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Do Skybet define what 'to place' means? Some of the championship races may have less than 8 runners so it might just be worth checking the T&C's with them. The Arkle,JLT, Champ Chase and Ryanair can cut up badly.
    I had a bet of this kind last year which I put on a month or so before the festival and one of the horses was petit mouchoir and it was settled as a winner when he finished 3rd in a 5 runner race

Comment

• Originally posted by Nwfb89 View Post
      I had a bet of this kind last year which I put on a month or so before the festival and one of the horses was petit mouchoir and it was settled as a winner when he finished 3rd in a 5 runner race
      Was it a skybet special? Or just an ante post multiple?

Welcome to the site btw

Comment

• Thanks for the welcome, it was a sky bet rab special I thought it was going to be a loser at the time after he finished 3rd so on the Friday when might bite the last horse in the bet placed I was pleasantly surprised to see sky pay out on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          As it is 6 horses... if they were all 5/4 to place it's 128/1

Shortest price of the lot is Presenting Percy at 6/1 (so 5/4 is about fair for him) - but the rest are bigger especially CoF - I'd be wary of getting him in too many things, he certainly isn't outrageous value compared to the others in the list.

Add in that they ALL have to get there, and ALL have to have the luck to get around AND not find 3 too good...

I appreciate it is a free bet, and I must be much more boring.... because I imagine I've got them all backing individually... but I'd sooner "build up" on something I did fancy rather than just give them their money back
          It’s a free bet. I can it and build it up onto one horse and watch it break it’s leg. Or I can stick repeated money on the likes of Min and Melon and watch them finish 2nd in the hopes that they are a Douvan.

Or hope one RAB wins. Last year, I had 2 antepost RABs win at 66/1 and 80/1, so I’m happy to keep going this way.

Comment

• Sky go 10/1 Santini (RSA) and 7/1 Penhill (Stayers) which looks industry best.
            I’ve been pressing this ew double with cash and free bets for a couple of weeks, while these prices exist I’m happy to keep pressing...

Comment

• Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
              It’s a free bet. I can it and build it up onto one horse and watch it break it’s leg. Or I can stick repeated money on the likes of Min and Melon and watch them finish 2nd in the hopes that they are a Douvan.

Or hope one RAB wins. Last year, I had 2 antepost RABs win at 66/1 and 80/1, so I’m happy to keep going this way.
              Yeah that's fair enough, I'm not knocking it ... I hope some more land for you... it is bigger value to "do it yourself" though ... the 6 fold each way would pay loads more in the win and the place and none of the sky RABs work out better value than doing it yourself. Even factoring in the staking required to cover 'any race'

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                Sky go 10/1 Santini (RSA) and 7/1 Penhill (Stayers) which looks industry best.
                I’ve been pressing this ew double with cash and free bets for a couple of weeks, while these prices exist I’m happy to keep pressing...
                It's nice when two you really like are both best priced I wonder how many bets I don't place or miss out on would land for the sake of a few points. Equally it could be a blessing in disguise

Comment

• Not sure if anyone else has spotted this but Sky are offering 6/1 that Laurina goes unbeaten in 18/19 season (must run min 3 times), a price that struck me as huge value.
                  Now looking likely to head for the Mares it’s unlikely she’ll be given a real test before Cheltenham, the danger comes at Pumchestown when she might be pitted against the boys and there’s likely to be a chance to lay her to guarantee a profit.
                  This is a bet I like....

Comment

Not sure if anyone else has spotted this but Sky are offering 6/1 that Laurina goes unbeaten in 18/19 season (must run min 3 times), a price that struck me as huge value.
                    Now looking likely to head for the Mares it’s unlikely she’ll be given a real test before Cheltenham, the danger comes at Pumchestown when she might be pitted against the boys and there’s likely to be a chance to lay her to guarantee a profit.
                    This is a bet I like....
                    Why does it look likely she'll go to the mares? Owner has said they hope she's a CH horse... and she only needs to be better than Melon to convince Ruby?

Comment

• There’s a penalty kick G1 for her in the Mares.
                      They might talk up a champion hurdle bid but first season out of novice company Mares looks the obvious choice to me, if she’s as good as they think she’ll still be a champion hurdle horse in 2020....

14/1 champ hurdle and 3/1 Mares are best prices available, looks like bookies thinking same lines
                      Last edited by Istabraq; 20 September 2018, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Benie Des Dieux is also a penalty kick in the Mares
                        Melon vs Laurina?

I think you'd be mad to get excited about a 6/1 bet to go unbeaten when you can get 3/1 for the one race you're sure she'd go for?

A fall at 1/14 and the money is gone?

I wouldn't lay it obviously but doesn't seem worthwhile

....and she's not 14/1 versus 3/1 because of where she'll go.... she's that price because of opposition.... if she was a certainty for the Mares then she'd be no bigger than 6/4
                        Last edited by Kevloaf; 20 September 2018, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Not sure if anyone else has spotted this but Sky are offering 6/1 that Laurina goes unbeaten in 18/19 season (must run min 3 times), a price that struck me as huge value.
                          This is a bet I like....
                          Last season she had 4 runs, won at 1/4, 13/8, 4/7 and 2/11 - £1 paid £6.07 - so slightly better than 5/1.

They might pitch her in to the Irish Champion Hurdle and use that to decide her Cheltenham target...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Last season she had 4 runs, won at 1/4, 13/8, 4/7 and 2/11 - £1 paid £6.07 - so slightly better than 5/1
                            Agree, but clearly that’s not a bet you can have.

Always good to hear opposing views, time will provide the answers...

Comment

• Anyone else raise an eyebrow at the 50/1 quote both Laurina and Samcro remain unbeaten in 18/19 ?

Comment

Anyone else raise an eyebrow at the 50/1 quote both Laurina and Samcro remain unbeaten in 18/19 ?
                                I had a serious look at this and contemplated a 3pt stake on it... Only thing holding me back is the risk they face eachother in the champion hurdle. Eitherway, I had my £5 free bet and may well do the same next week if the price remains. At this stage I can't bring myself to stake my own money, but free bets are good enough to have a dabble.

Comment

Working...
                                X