Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

115pffff2p42f5fpp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
    Can’t see any reason to step Min up in trip personally
    Just going to be staring at Altiors backside again over 2m so I could see a big case for trying something different

Comment

From another thread,
      ...Footpad. Until he, Min, Douvan and, maybe, UDS are back in full training there will be little serious discussion about Cheltenham targets and no meaningful clues until the Tingle Creek.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
        Just going to be staring at Altiors backside again over 2m so I could see a big case for trying something different
        Exactly. You'd imagine Balko Des Flos would be the main competition in the Ryanair. Other than that assuming Waiting Patiently won't pop up here, Min would have to beat the lot from the JLT this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Folski View Post
          Ricci has already said plan is Douvan King George. I would read that as Douvan Gold Cup, Min Ryanair, Footpad QMCC.
          That could be Mullins thinking but would think Ricci will be keen on a runner in the QM

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
            That could be Mullins thinking but would think Ricci will be keen on a runner in the QM
            You would think so, but I would think he would prefer a Ryanair winner.

Comment

Ricci has already said plan is Douvan King George. I would read that as Douvan Gold Cup, Min Ryanair, Footpad QMCC.
              Is there a link to that quote Folski?

Would need to be taken with adequate salt of course but still good to see things in print...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Is there a link to that quote Folski?

Would need to be taken with adequate salt of course but still good to see things in print...
                Think it was in the Q&A section of the Betbright preview.

Comment

Think it was in the Q&A section of the Betbright preview.
                  25/1 with Sky would look ridiculous for the Gold Cup IF the King George was a confirmed plan for Douvan.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    It certainly does play on my mind however I don't ever stop myself backing a Mullins chaser because Mullins trains it. I know it is all about winners but he actually has a good place record in the Gold Cup doesn't he.

I'd still want Nicholls training a Gold Cup horse personally!
                    Nicholls is nowhere near the quality of trainer compared with Henderson, Elliott or Mullins in my opinion. It’s a shame to see how he scrambled for a winner in the foxhunters again just to get a Cheltenham winner. In fact, did he even have a horse with a chance in any of the top class races? Politologue maybe just had a squeak but that’s it.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                      Nicholls is nowhere near the quality of trainer compared with Henderson, Elliott or Mullins in my opinion. It’s a shame to see how he scrambled for a winner in the foxhunters again just to get a Cheltenham winner. In fact, did he even have a horse with a chance in any of the top class races? Politologue maybe just had a squeak but that’s it.
                      I don't agree that Nicholls is nowhere near the quality of trainer of those 3 by any stretch.

The fact you've said it is a shame to see it kinda backs that up too doesn't it.... he deserves (or at least has shown well above average skills with TOP CLASS grade 1 horses Masterminded, Big Bucks, Kauto Star and Denman we're superstars....

Purely for the sake of arguement, Elliott has only handled Don Cossack, and only got 1 "huge day" out of him.... HE managed to get him beat in a Ryanair....
                      Mullins has yet to win a Gold Cup or Champion Chase
                      Hendo has been spanked by Nicholls year after year in Britain...

I don't think you can say Nicholls isn't a superb trainer of a chaser. I would stick by my comment I'd prefer to have a Gold CUp horse with him over Mullins/Elliott/Henderson.

There must be a reason he lost/hasn't got the support of the big owners anymore... which might be justified and personal, but purely as a trainer he's IMPOSSIBLE to knock?

Comment

Working...
                      X